Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Ribeye and a Gun

Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Ribeye and a Gun

I just had one of the best steaks of my ever-lovin' life! I've always been a huge fan of Ribeye, but this one was somethin' extra. Nothing crazy for preparation, just a rub of fresh-cracked black pepper and coarse-ground sea salt, then let it sit covered for 30 min to come up to room temperature. Slapped it on a hot grill for 4-1/2 min on side A, then 3-1/2 min on side B. Let it sit for five minutes under foil then sliced away. Every single bite was tender and juicy and perfectly medium-rare. It wasn't even fresh for cripessakes, but vacuum-packed and frozen since November!

The only thing I put on the side was french style green beans simmered in garlic butter. I had the bottle of A-1 on the table, but Id've had to beat my own ass if I had even considered opening it. Washed it down with a cold beer in a frosty mug fresh out of the freezer. The last time I had a steak this good was in 2008 at Saltgrass Steak House in Clear Lake between Houston and Galveston (the Texans in the audience will know what I'm talking about). This slab was so good that I needed a smoke afterward and I'm not talking about an 'after dinner' smoke.

With the weather finally starting to look like summer (86F today), I figured I should grill and turns out I chose correctly. So why 'Ribeye and a Gun'? Because this was one of those occasions that come along so rarely that it makes you want to wash down your meal with a gun because you know there's just no way it's gonna be this good next time...
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Amen.