1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ribeye and a Gun

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Bobbb, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb [OP] "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    I just had one of the best steaks of my ever-lovin' life! I've always been a huge fan of Ribeye, but this one was somethin' extra. Nothing crazy for preparation, just a rub of fresh-cracked black pepper and coarse-ground sea salt, then let it sit covered for 30 min to come up to room temperature. Slapped it on a hot grill for 4-1/2 min on side A, then 3-1/2 min on side B. Let it sit for five minutes under foil then sliced away. Every single bite was tender and juicy and perfectly medium-rare. It wasn't even fresh for cripessakes, but vacuum-packed and frozen since November!

The only thing I put on the side was french style green beans simmered in garlic butter. I had the bottle of A-1 on the table, but Id've had to beat my own ass if I had even considered opening it. Washed it down with a cold beer in a frosty mug fresh out of the freezer. The last time I had a steak this good was in 2008 at Saltgrass Steak House in Clear Lake between Houston and Galveston (the Texans in the audience will know what I'm talking about). This slab was so good that I needed a smoke afterward and I'm not talking about an 'after dinner' smoke.

With the weather finally starting to look like summer (86F today), I figured I should grill and turns out I chose correctly. So why 'Ribeye and a Gun'? Because this was one of those occasions that come along so rarely that it makes you want to wash down your meal with a gun because you know there's just no way it's gonna be this good next time...

2. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Some days it's just good to be alive...

3. Apr 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    winL

winL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Leer 100R Cap, OEM Hood Protector, Bilstein 5100's @0, Wheeler's 3leaf AAL no TSB, Replaced oem OL, OME 885, Pioneer AVIC-D2
    Amen.

Products Discussed in

To Top