Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Squirrel meat

Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Squirrel meat

anybody got any recipes for squirrel. My friend recently killed two or three and he needs recipes. any Special marinades, or preparations for it??
Old 12-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ill ask my dad tonight when he get home, he can make some damn good squirrel
Old 12-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WOW. thats awesome neon. yeah and turk that sounds great
Old 12-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
What does squirrel taste like?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #6

thats a good question. What does squirrel taste like? i know its low fat, high protein
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
lean chicken lol best way to describe just try it!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #8
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
WOW you guys eat squirrel?! Thats awesome!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
cajuntaco is on a distinguished road

cajuntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Squirrel is good but can be real tough, make sure your marinade has either a vinegar or citrus base to break down the connecting tussue in the meat. My buddy here at work said use onion also it will help with the toughness.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow squirrel? Squirrels are what we shot off the telephone wires by the dozen, the thought never crossed my mind to eat them.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
mmmmmmmmmgood!!! i love squirrel!!!

a good way to prepare them,that i have discovered................after cleaning/skinning......soak the meat in some salt water overnight, then wash off and drain them really good. i make a marinade outta beer,pepper,hot sauce,garlic, and some seasoning(i usually use montreal steak or cavenders), marinade them for a few hours, then i grille the meat.........and it doesnt take too long either. really good flavor man!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Bad memories. When I was a kid in Arkansas my dad would go out with his buddies and shoot a mess of squirrel. Bring them home and have my mom fry them up with some redeye gravy and biscuits. When I got up to get ready for school the smell was horrible.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
skin em, soak em in saltwater overnight, roll in all purpose flour, put on salt,pepper, tony chachares, and fry. no other way to do it.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
skin em, soak em in saltwater overnight, roll in all purpose flour, put on salt,pepper, tony chachares, and fry. no other way to do it.
that sounds kickass man......................but they are awesome off the grill too!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
But you have to read it in Bubba's (from Forest Gump) accent. There is Coconut squirrel,fried, baked,etc...lol
Old 01-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #19
Farmer
Dogtaco13 is on a distinguished road
Dogtaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah ive only had em off the grill...marinade em in your fav herbs n spices and rotate often...slow cooker would be great too. Anything that keeps the juice in will be great! Theyre a little tiny for me personally(I raise 30-45 lb turkeys), although the backstrap is delectable. Its kinda time consuming for such a small amount of meat, but done right they taste exceptional! Cheers

PS the best way to get em is in rat traps baited with peanut butter (chunky) or other squirrel friendly food...no shrapnel to spit out...plus if you're paying attention you'll hear them get caught; usually they just get stuck or knocked out, not killed. This is great bc it lets you get em live and kill em kosher...im not jewish but it does seem to make sense / make the meat taste better.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
that sounds kickass man......................but they are awesome off the grill too!
Never had em off the grill. Deer season closes wednesday. After that Ill get the 22 and 410 out and get some to try that on. Sounds like good stuff!