Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Ate good at Thanksgiving!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Ate good at Thanksgiving!

Finally get to post some pics of our Thanksgiving get together! We had about 36 for dinner! Started the 17# Prime Rib at about 9:30 in the BBQ. Tinderbox full of apple wood, filled it twice. I had to improvise for spices. Used lemon pepper, steak seasoning (montreal, I think) garlic pepper, and a few others. rubbed that in & let it sit for an hour or so while I got the BBQ warmed & the tinderboxes packed (I use 2). The 17# turkey was to be bathed in oil (350 deg F) but it only takes about 3 mins per pound so it sat in the oven warming & drying for a good long time. Forgot the injection seasoning for it so gave the bro-in-law (Owns The Breakfast Club in Auburn CA) a bottle of italian dressing & showed him the spice cupboard, the food processor and got out of his way. We sat down to feast at about 2:30-3:00, but not before I kicked it a bit w/ a niece.
Mmmmmmmmm, dead cow.
Now That's a good lookin bird!
Shot a little pool on the back deck while we smelled the vittles.

Here's the bro-in-law & myself slicin & dicin.

We have a large family & we all get together at either Thanksgiving or Christmas every year. I pray that we comtinue to do so. The wife & I are the only ones who don't have any kids, so we host. Everyone helps-out, and the weather has cooperated so far so we can get outside to play pool and get some air.
Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a nice get-together. Pics of roast are making me hungry!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn looked like fun!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmmmm... Those pictures make me want to run and get something to eat!! Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving!