Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Food Smokers and Smoking Tips/Tricks/Techniques

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #981
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
At hour 4 at 230F on a rack of baby back ribs over hickory and apple cider I'll wrap them in another hour or two

Pics, or it didn't happen....
Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #983
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!! Also, that looks a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #984
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Looks great!!! Also, that looks a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
That would be correct.
Not the best quality, but it gets the job done.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 AM   #985

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be correct.
Not the best quality, but it gets the job done.
The only problem I have with these smokers is the way you add chips. But since I started useing an AMAZN smoke generator I'm totally pleased!!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #986
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only problem I have with these smokers is the way you add chips. But since I started useing an AMAZN smoke generator I'm totally pleased!!
I think that's one of its strong points. Pull the drawer out, fill with chips, push in and twist. Good for 45min.-1hr. Need to check the food out least that often
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #987
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Traeger and love it. I know it doesn't sit well with the purists/enthusiasts but for my needs it's perfect.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #988

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think that's one of its strong points. Pull the drawer out, fill with chips, push in and twist. Good for 45min.-1hr. Need to check the food out least that often
I never check my smoker, if your looking, you ain't cooking. I light my generator, I know I have 6-8 hours of perfect smoke, (which is probably longer than meat will take smoke). Then just look at my remote probe thermometer. If I'm doing butts, most of the time I put them on before going to bed.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #989

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I have a Traeger and love it. I know it doesn't sit well with the purists/enthusiasts but for my needs it's perfect.
That would be the one I'd buy if I could swing it, my brother has one and it's very nice.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #990
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be the one I'd buy if I could swing it, my brother has one and it's very nice.
Bought it from Costco when they were doing a promo.

About $200 off plus Costco's lifetime warranty.

Love this thing.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #992
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody heard of any smoked desserts?

Smoked pineapple or peaches (ala mode).

I think I once heard of like a smoked cinnamon pizza...sort like the desserts you get a pizza joint.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #993
!@$%#

robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
Smoked pineapple or peaches (ala mode).

I think I once heard of like a smoked cinnamon pizza...sort like the desserts you get a pizza joint.
Apple, cherry, or something else?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #994
Squirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Squirrel cage's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmm smoked chocolate chip cookies. ..
Old 01-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #995
!@$%#

robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel cage View Post
Are you serious? You got the chocolate Queens attention
Do you have a recipe, or will any chocolate chip cookie do?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #996
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel cage View Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #997
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Just fired up two smallish, boned pork butts, a pack of western style boneless ribs and some chicken legs. The western ribs roped me in with the name - turns out they are just slabs of pork shoulder about 2" thick. Should be good though - lots of bark I hope. About 15 lbs. of food and my smoker is full up. I figure I'll freeze a butt (smoked meat freezes pretty well) and might take some ribs over to the neighbors.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #998

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Keep an eye on the "boneless" ribs, they will dry out pretty quickly. Ive had way better luck with those just on the grill. I did some just this last Wed evening.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #999
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I will. So far so good. 5 hrs into the smoke and everything is sitting in the stall right now.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #1000
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Here are several ideas...I used to make something similar a cinnamon bun using canned biscuits in my dutch oven. It sounds like you can probably just buy some pre made cookies in the tube and smoke them closer to 300.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/121/desserts

http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/desserts

Products Discussed in this Thread