Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Food Smokers and Smoking Tips/Tricks/Techniques

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #1061
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Great results - a lot of ribs for lunches this week!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #1063
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
Anyone try one of these?
Gonna try it with my smokey mountain weber.
Looks exactly like mine that I'm pretty happy with - but the name on the top is different.

My only beef is that the meat probe temp sensor is now reading about 20 degrees high (which I can mostly compensate for now that I know it) and I plan to have them send me a new one.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #1065
CanadaToy is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CanadaToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
Anyone try one of these?
Gonna try it with my smokey mountain weber.
They are the same as the Maverick ET-732 (literally the same).
I purchased a Maverick ET-733, should be delivered this week. It's just a newer model.

Everyone swears by them, so i cant wait to use it.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #1066
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I hadn't posted I awhile. I made a fantastic brisket over the weekend. I found me a nice Prime brisket that I just had to buy. This time I smoked it over oak as usual for 4 hours and then I wrapped in foil and put it on for another 3 hours. I will say almost 100% of it was falling apart tender. This one was also a left handed brisket. I am going to try this with a regular select next time. I also smoked some regular Eckrich Angus Beef Sausage that came out great for $2 sausage.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #1067
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
I hadn't posted I awhile. I made a fantastic brisket over the weekend. I found me a nice Prime brisket that I just had to buy. This time I smoked it over oak as usual for 4 hours and then I wrapped in foil and put it on for another 3 hours. I will say almost 100% of it was falling apart tender. This one was also a left handed brisket. I am going to try this with a regular select next time. I also smoked some regular Eckrich Angus Beef Sausage that came out great for $2 sausage.

What temp. did you smoke at? Did you change for the last 3hr? Did you use a rub?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #1068
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
What temp. did you smoke at? Did you change for the last 3hr? Did you use a rub?
250 the whole time. Rub - I just use my usual, just light sprinkle of Kosher salt & Pepper. This one was 6.25lbs..so I did it for 7 hours. I used to do 1 hour per pound...The next big one I do, I am think I am going up to 1.25hr/pound while wrapping half way through.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #1069
trufunk is a jewel in the roughtrufunk is a jewel in the roughtrufunk is a jewel in the rough

trufunk's Tacoma Gallery
Primo man that looks real good. Check this out I just scored this at Wal-Mart in helotes this will be the first prime brisket I have ever done.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 AM   #1070
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufunk View Post
Primo man that looks real good. Check this out I just scored this at Wal-Mart in helotes this will be the first prime brisket I have ever done.
looks like a decent price too
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #1071
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Good gosh, Primo that brisket looks good enough to drive to Texas for...
Old 04-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufunk View Post
That is awesome! I cant believe the price! The Alon HEB usually has it for either $4 or $6/lb. I shop at the DeZavla WalMart but never check their meat. I know my Mom picked up some select briskets there recently for $1.77/lb. I hope our starts carrying Prime at that price. You can actually slice it thicker than normal and it will still be falling apart tender. 100% of the prime brisket is super tender. When you make the first center cut...it will just ooze juice...I nee to make a video of mine. Let us know how it come sout.

Prime brisket will change your life.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
Good gosh, Primo that brisket looks good enough to drive to Texas for...
It is...many people drive to Texas just for the BBQ and never leave. It is a little known driving force in our strong economy.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #1074
Woundedyak is on a distinguished road

Woundedyak's Tacoma Gallery
New toy! Haven't even fired it up yet!

The primo's has been doing work for yrs.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #1075
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Now you guys have me wanting to make a brisket this weekend...

Guess I need to go pick up more pellets then
Old 04-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #1076
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Look what I get to smoke tomorrow...
Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #1077
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
I decided to just go with a pork shoulder today. The only brisket my Butcher had left was 10lbs. I don't have a big enough appetite for that much brisket. So, 4lb pork shoulder is on at 225 with apple wood.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #1078
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedyak View Post
New toy! Haven't even fired it up yet!

The primo's has been doing work for yrs.

that jerky looks delicious
Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Look what I get to smoke tomorrow...
Turned it into this today. Brined for 24 hours, then topped with bacon and smoked over apple to 165 degrees. Awesome stuff. Of course it tastes better when you get it from field to table yourself.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #1080

Air Force:
Food Smokers and Smoking Tips/Tricks/Techniques-uploadfromtaptalk1398616427941.jpg

This is what my pork butt shredded to. By far the best pulled pork I have ever done. I actually was patient and let it hit 198 internal before I pulled it off the smoker. Let it rest for an hour wrapped in the oven until I got home.

Products Discussed in this Thread