Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Favorite beers?

Old 06-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #261
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Thought the beer heads may like this.

Also Heady Topper is the shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
Details-- and im glad people have interest in real beer for what its worth

I took a kegerator and removed the tap tower, then insulated and covered the opening in the top. Drilled a 2 " hole thru the side and ran some 3/8" beer line thru 1 " Carflex. On the cask side there is a "cask widge" and on the dispensing side, a refurbished 1/4 pint per pull Angram hand pump mounted on the counter top.

I decided against running an atmospheric pressure CO2 blanket (I like the way live yeast and oxygen change the flavor profile of beer over time.....not too much time though). Installed a timer to have the unit run for 1 hr and 15 minutes and shut off for 1 hr, then repeat. This keeps the ambient temp of the beer in the cask between 47 and 52 degrees F. That is the temp where the yeast can stay active in its "conditioning" as well as let the flavors of the beer really come out (remember Coors light has that blue "cold activated" strip on it because it taste like next to nothing anyway). using a soft spile on the intake side and so far no sparkler on the spigot side.

All in all has been working out great.

** As a disclaimer this is a bar set up and I also would love to have this in my house. If anyone out there is a true beer drinker, please buy cask beer, or hand pumped beer whenever possible. You will be pleasantly supprised

Old 06-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #262
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
belhaven Scottish beer, come in the tall cans with the widget. Mmm.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #265
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite beer is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. It's only sold in Kentucky so if you find yourself in Kentucky pick up a 4 pack. It will cost between $10 and $12 but it's worth it.

The beers with the biggest health benefits, I tell myself, are the hoppier beers like pale ales and ipa's. Saw somewhere that the hoppier beer, if you drink huge amounts, can ware off the cold virus. Heard on a brewery tour that hops are good for prostate health.

I enjoy trying new beers.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #266
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Big fan of Elysian's current offerings: Men's Room Red, Superfuzz Blood Orange ale and Night Owl Pumpkin ale.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #267
Lurker Extraordinaire
Loutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant futureLoutennant has a brilliant future
Air Force: Tech Sgt (Vet)
Name: Chris
Loutennant's Tacoma Gallery
#1 all time fave is Alaskan Amber. Somewhere toward the top would also be Brewdog Punk IPA, Sam Adam's Imperial White, Ninkasi Sleigh'r, and a myriad of others.

I'm like the OP, I love a variety of styles as long as it's well done. Age it in barrels of some sort, put an ungodly amount of hops in it, make it so dark and thick it's more like a stew, whatever. They all have their own place. I tend to judge a brewery by their amber ale and IPA, probably my fave 2 styles.