Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Favorite beers?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #41
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
I love a cold pint of frothy Guinness on tap anytime. The bottle/can stuff sux though. I can drink and have a meal at the same time that way in one glass.
nothin better then a cooooollllddddd pint of guinness draught!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #42
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
try finding out the hard way Bailey's Irish Cream is SUPPOSED to be refrigerated after you open it....
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #43
taco_machine is on a distinguished road
taco_machine's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite is a beer from Scotland I recently discovered. Innis and Gunn. They age the beer in whiskey oak barrels...delicious!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #44
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_machine View Post
My favorite is a beer from Scotland I recently discovered. Innis and Gunn. They age the beer in whiskey oak barrels...delicious!
i just got to try that stuff this summer! i forgot all about the name of it! hmmmm almost makes me want to drool!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah....i dont normally either....but memorial day last year......we did irish car bombs......and the dude making them wanted to sit there and talk.....we kinda forgot about the milk....then we drank them, and they had started to turn. it was interesting to say the least!
wait...you use milk?

jameson and baileys and you drop the shot as youre raising the drink man

cmon...and you call yourself a moderate alcoholic!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #46
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
wait...you use milk?

jameson and baileys and you drop the shot as youre raising the drink man

cmon...and you call yourself a moderate alcoholic!
milk.......baileys........same damn thing to me man!! baileys is what was used.

and we were using baileys and guiness!!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #47
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
milk.......baileys........same damn thing to me man!! baileys is what was used.

and we were using baileys and guiness!!
well the guiness is a given...we mix jameson and baileys in as a shot and drop that in a half pint of guiness
Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #48
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well the guiness is a given...we mix jameson and baileys in as a shot and drop that in a half pint of guiness
sweet!! ima add some wild turkey to my mix next time!!!

oh yeah.............just picked up a bottle of johnny walker red label from my Dad's this weekend....unopened. gonna have fun with that man!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #49
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
sweet!! Ima add some wild turkey to my mix next time!!!

Oh yeah.............just picked up a bottle of johnny walker red label from my dad's this weekend....unopened. Gonna have fun with that man!
tw party at wills house!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #51

Quote:
tw party at wills house!
dude..........the land(10 acres) and house(double wide wwith addition and 3 CAR GARAGE) that we are looking at now.............damn right...tw party at my farm!!! hopefully.....everything will work out, and we'll get it!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #52
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
#1-Moosehead Lager,
#2-Molson Canadian.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #53
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
I make my own! come to sd, i'll pour you a pint

having a homemade red ale right now.
I envy you sir. I have spent the last year piecing together all of the equipment i need to do this, and am near ready to give it a go myself. Last thing i need is a wort chiller and i am ready. Tax money will provide me with that and i will start brewing. I hope it turns out ok, if you have any tips, please let me know. By the way, their is a sort of new San Diego Brewers forum, named "Brewser" which might be of interest to you, but it is fairly small still.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #54
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
My favorites at the moment would be...

Deschutes Hop Trip
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Deschutes Green Lake Organic
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
New Belgium 1554
Hoegaarden
Chimay
Arrogant Bastard
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Old 01-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
My favorites at the moment would be...

Deschutes Hop Trip
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Deschutes Green Lake Organic
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
New Belgium 1554
Hoegaarden
Chimay
Arrogant Bastard
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Some of my favorites
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #56
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
Some of my favorites
That Black Butte Porter is sooo good. Thank god Deschutes started distributing in Colorado a few years ago... I used to have friends bring cases back from Oregon when they went home. Really like that 1554 too. It's quite refreshing for a dark beer.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #57
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
I envy you sir. I have spent the last year piecing together all of the equipment i need to do this, and am near ready to give it a go myself. Last thing i need is a wort chiller and i am ready. Tax money will provide me with that and i will start brewing. I hope it turns out ok, if you have any tips, please let me know. By the way, their is a sort of new San Diego Brewers forum, named "Brewser" which might be of interest to you, but it is fairly small still.
AH if youre in san diego you should join me for my next brew. I'm going to do a watermellon wheat in a few weeks. I dont have a wort chiller, but you dont technically need it if you still brew with a 5 gallon carboy. Just do your inital 2 gallon brew and get your wert, then cool two gallons of water to alomost frozen, put those almost-frozen gallons in your carboy, then dump your wort on that, top off with more alomst-frozen water.. then wait till youre at 65-70degrees, add your yeast, and wait!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #58
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
AH if youre in san diego you should join me for my next brew. I'm going to do a watermellon wheat in a few weeks. I dont have a wort chiller, but you dont technically need it if you still brew with a 5 gallon carboy. Just do your inital 2 gallon brew and get your wert, then cool two gallons of water to alomost frozen, put those almost-frozen gallons in your carboy, then dump your wort on that, top off with more alomst-frozen water.. then wait till youre at 65-70degrees, add your yeast, and wait!!
This is some very interesting news, since i am planning on using the 5 gal glass carboy. Might have to proceed on without the wort chiller. As for the invite to your next brew, i might have to give you a call and check it out. Thanx for the info.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #59
majorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant futuremajorvices has a brilliant future

majorvices's Tacoma Gallery
I mostly drink the beer I brew (big time Homebrewer here) but I like just about any beer except Light Beer (no point in drinking Lite Beer IMO). Anything from Orval (one of my very Favorite beers in the world) to Celebrator DoppelBock to Pliny the Elder to PBR or Bud. I like 'em all. There's a place for just about any beer - except Lite beer. I really don't see the point in that.

I try to keep at least 4 taps of Homebrew going at all time (I have an 8 tap keggerator). Mostly session beers but always a good strong beer on tap, too. I particularly like to brew Kolsches and weissbiers during the summer and dunkels and stouts during the winter. And English Bitters all year long.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #60
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
I am also a big fan of some of the flavoured beers around town here in Edmonton. Place called Brewsters here has skooner specials on Raspberry beer on I think Tuesdays and I just love it.