Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Brick Chicken - Recipe

Old 07-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Brick Chicken - Recipe

I love this recipe only did it 2 times so far with my dad, I'll post a good link for it here.

http://pinchmysalt.com/grilled-chicken-under-a-brick/

If you love the blackend taste of grill then you will die for this as I do
Old 07-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pippen's Tacoma Gallery
So no ones done this ? Common ya'll this some good eatin'!!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I have done it, but used a heavy cast iron skillet instead of the bricks. Worked great.
To keep it from burning, don't use a marinade or spices that have sugar as an ingredient. Also, start over the fire, and once it is dark enough, move it off to the side to complete the cooking with indirect heat, if needed - I don't like burnt meat.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
me too!! i've done it. also with a cast iron pan.

camping, i've put some hot coal IN the cast iron for some impromptu george foreman grill. came out great.

cast iron is the swiss army knife of the kitchen.

thanks for the herb rub recipe. i would add habanero
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
that was'nt a vitamin!!

pippen's Tacoma Gallery
^ Hmmhmhmmm...that looks yummy!! Cast iron skillet is a good idea too, we had some brick pavers laying around, not too heavy nor light