1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brick Chicken - Recipe

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by pippen, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jul 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    pippen

pippen [OP] that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
  2. Jul 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM
    pippen

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    So no ones done this ? Common ya'll this some good eatin'!! :hungry:

3. Jul 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I have done it, but used a heavy cast iron skillet instead of the bricks. Worked great.
    To keep it from burning, don't use a marinade or spices that have sugar as an ingredient. Also, start over the fire, and once it is dark enough, move it off to the side to complete the cooking with indirect heat, if needed - I don't like burnt meat.

4. Jul 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    me too!! i've done it. also with a cast iron pan.

camping, i've put some hot coal IN the cast iron for some impromptu george foreman grill. came out great.

cast iron is the swiss army knife of the kitchen.

thanks for the herb rub recipe. i would add habanero

5. Jul 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I am going to do the same with cornish game hens this evening. I hope the rain stops soon!!!

6. Jul 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    I saw this thread this morning....went to take a nap earlier and dreamed that I was making this. I think it's a sign that I have to make it!

7. Jul 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I grilled the cornish game hens with salt and pepper. With and without the flash

with

[​IMG]

without flash

[​IMG]

8. Jul 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    pippen

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    ^ Hmmhmhmmm...that looks yummy!! Cast iron skillet is a good idea too, we had some brick pavers laying around, not too heavy nor light :)

9. Jul 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I didnt use any weight on these. I just rotated them and moved them around the grill to not burn them

Products Discussed in

To Top