Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Red's Cheesy Meatballs

Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Red's Cheesy Meatballs

Ok, so a quick story behind this recipe. My father-in-law (Nicknamed “Red”) is a REALLY good and versatile cook... So good in fact- that I first thought that he might have been a chef at one time in his life.
That said, I got married on Dec 27th 2008 (recent) and her dad served up some cheesy meatballs at the wedding as an appetizer.

To say the least, they wowed everyone at the wedding... and not all of the 120 people got some. I personally ate about 20 of them when I first got there after the wedding pics. After that - they were long gone.

They were so good in fact that even one of my groomsmen emailed me while I was on the honeymoon and asked me for the recipe to serve at a New Years Eve party he was throwing…

So, in his honor, I name them Red's Cheesy Meatballs... And onto the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb spicy Jimmy Dean Sausage
1 cup Baking mix (bisquick, or Jiffy)
1/2 lb grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onions

STEPS:
1. Mix and form into balls a little larger than 1.5”
2. Bake at 400 degrees until browned (turn once)
3. Make 2 cups of your favorite cheese or cream sauce. Pack cheese comes out OK
4. Mix sauce and sausage ball in crock pot and let them cook at least 2 hrs.

SERVE:

Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TYTY!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
you going to serve those at your MD BBQ in the spring??
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Mmm that sounds delicious, I am going to have to make those one of these days! I am a fan of the cream of mushroom and meatballs so that will have to be my first attempt. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Yes I am and wifey has approved of the BBQ too!!!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !! Them's look tasty...
Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try this out soon.

This is such a great idea...we should start a thread for everyone to share their favorite recipes. I need some new ones to try out.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try this out soon.

This is such a great idea...we should start a thread for everyone to share their favorite recipes. I need some new ones to try out.

There are quite a few on here that I've posted. Don's Bulldog Burgers, Red's Cheesy Meatballs, Buckeye Candy, etc. And many others do as well... I'll do a write up for both versions of the porkchops I make soon.

Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
There are quite a few on here that I've posted. Don's Bulldog Burgers, Red's Cheesy Meatballs, Buckeye Candy, etc. And many others do as well... I'll do a write up for both versions of the porkchops I make soon.

Enjoy!
Woops! I never realized we had a "Food Talk" area. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #10
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Woops! I never realized we had a "Food Talk" area. Thanks!
yup... go find the bacon explosion thread... I gotta try that when it gets warmer...