Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Grill Cleaning

Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
Grill Cleaning

So I have a pretty big stainless steel gas grill, over the last few months, maybe due to the humidity it has accumulated some pretty good surface rust in spots.

I have tried stainless cleaners that you would use on normal appliances, as well as never-dull to no avail. Just doesn't pick it up. Anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas to get it back to looking new again?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacPro45 View Post
So I have a pretty big stainless steel gas grill, over the last few months, maybe due to the humidity it has accumulated some pretty good surface rust in spots.

I have tried stainless cleaners that you would use on normal appliances, as well as never-dull to no avail. Just doesn't pick it up. Anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas to get it back to looking new again?
Sure it is stainless steel? Maybe you are getting acid rain on it or something.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression it is...
Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same thing happen to mine and I used WD-40 and a green scotch rite pad. Coat the grill, let it sit on there for a min or two and lightly rub it with the green pad. Removed all rust almost effortlessly. Hope it works for ya.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
man..just get it super clean and reseason it..put it in the oven with the oven clean feature..burn the stuff off. scrub it, . next time you use it, heat it up. scrub, and then wipe it with a wad of paper towel, dipped in veggie oil. do this everytime and you wont have a prob.