Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Official Cheeseburger thread

Old 08-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I kind of think 5 guys is a little overrated. I think their secret is they cook in grease.
a little? they're way overrated. both my wife and i were very disappointed. they're good, but certainly not great. very much like a decent home made burger.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
whats their secret then?
decent food, atmosphere - it's a unique experience. and there's not a lot of pure burger places like that around.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
McTrauma is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
McTrauma's Tacoma Gallery
Smashburger... The best burger I have ever had.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
Burger Slinger
BurgerTaco is on a distinguished road

BurgerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Now THIS is a burger!

Double-Bacon-Avocado-Pastrami-Cheeseburger!

Old 08-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Well, looks like I have to go drive twenty minutes to five guys right now because of this damn thread.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #26
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
I just had a 3x3 animal style at In-n-Out for lunch today
Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
the sqeeze inn
Cheese skirt! good, but I've had better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
Grilled avacado? Hmmm, I'll have to try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerTaco View Post
Now THIS is a burger!

I have a burger boner.

Burgers and Brew in Sacramento is awesome. Their site doesn't have good pics, so I'll have to go eat one and snap a pic of of the mushroom onion cheesebuger or their amazing lamb burger. Poor me. Their beer list is epic:

http://burgersbrew.com/menus/bee/
Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerTaco View Post
Now THIS is a burger!

Nice!

I love the pastrami burgers from The Hat out there
Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub! i love my a cheeseburger! been told i cook a mean hamburger!

i like five guys a lot! or one from calhoun’s. it’s a restaurant down town on the TN river.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #30
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
None in the bay area. Sad. (smashburger)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
what is smashburger? never heard of it before.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #32
Burger Slinger

taking back to basics...

As simple as it gets....
Bread, Cheese, Bacon, Beef, & Cheese!

BTW...I've got folders dedicated to burger pictures; it's more than just a hobby.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #33
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
very much like a decent home made burger.
This is what makes them good to me.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #35
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery

Blue cheese stuffed in the meat with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sautéed mushrooms, guacamole, jalapenos, and a grilled slice of pineapple. Still the best burger I've had to date..
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I kind of think 5 guys is a little overrated. I think their secret is they cook in grease.

No, a LOT overrated IMO.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I had a deep fried burger last week.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #38
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post

Blue cheese stuffed in the meat with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sautéed mushrooms, guacamole, jalapenos, and a grilled slice of pineapple. Still the best burger I've had to date..
Do you unhinge your jaw like an anaconda to get that in your mouth?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #39
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Do you unhinge your jaw like an anaconda to get that in your mouth?
I can't explain how it was done, but I managed to do it.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #40
Burger Slinger

OK...one more.

I wish I had something else in the photo for scaling purposes.

The Patty:
1 pound of choice Rib-Eye
6 cloves of garlic
1 heaving pinch of black pepper
1 entire Habanero pepper

The Rest:
grilled onions
raw Red onoins
a few fried onion rings
bacon
pastrami
avocado
cheddar cheese
swiss cheese (inside the patty)
Tzatziki sauce (Greek yogurt, olive oil, cucumber, & GARLIC)