1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cookware set recommendatios

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by coffeesnob, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Aug 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    The wife and I need desperatley to get a new cookware set. We don't need a large set just a few pots, pans, lids etc.. Anyways I imagine you get what you pay for. I have noticed anywhere from 30 bucks for a halfway decent looking pan along with the ones that run over a hundred for a single pan. Then there is the Stick, vs non stick, Stainless, or just plain cast iron.What do ya use?

2. Aug 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    GTechoma

GTechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD
    EGR inchannel vent visors, OEM bed mat, Wet Okole front and back seat covers, BFG AT's
    My wife and I just purchased some new cookware about 1 year ago. The brand is Tramotina SS tri-ply. Its good stuff and after much internet research, she found a basic set (3 sizes of pots with lids and a frying pan -- haha, I have a limited knowledge of what each is called) at Walmart of all places. Bought the set and it has held up very well. If you don't see it in the store, I think you may be able to order it off of their website and have it shipped.

3. Aug 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    GTechoma

GTechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD
    EGR inchannel vent visors, OEM bed mat, Wet Okole front and back seat covers, BFG AT's
  4. Aug 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
  5. Aug 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Cutco or nothing.

6. Aug 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Calphalon or All-Clad are both great...not cheap, but will last forever. We have a mix, to include some more reasonably priced stuff. When you're researching, may want to consider brand/type of cookware based on what type of stove burners you have (gas, electric elements, or induction)... that was a tip from my bro-in-law who is an executive chef. It makes a difference evidently, although I wouldn't know--cooking is cooking to me--I still use my old cast iron Dutch oven on occasion. Maybe some pro chefs on TW can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

7. Aug 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    my teflon pans 12" and 8" are both from a restaurant supply.
    my cast iron enamel dutch oven..is le creuset, but i would buy a cheaper one next time.
    cast iron skillets are about 100 years old, garage sales
    i have 3 all clads. 10" skillet, sauce pan, and a saute pan.

the rest are random pans/pots.

dont buy a set.

i also LOVE half sheet pans from restaurant supply, + hotel trays, and mixing bowls. CHEAP! and i use them everyday.

8. Aug 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    allenmontana

allenmontana New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    US
    Stainless steel cookware are best known for the cookwares as a fully encapsulated aluminum disk is built into the base of this cookware whicg makes it less expensive, but once the thick base is heated through, the saute speed ramps up, requiring you to keep a close eye on the pan. This cookware is oven safe to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Then there is Nonstick skillet but it is less recommended as the Teflon-coated cookware is not durable. I had read somewhere about some spray on for the granite countertops which was in offer with these cookware for some time period.

9. Aug 25, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
    Restaurant supply stores are always best. You get the stuff you need instead of useless accessories.
    What kind of stove? Electric or gas. If electric what type of heating elements.? Pan construction makes a difference depending on the heating elements. Good rule of thumb is a thick bottom pan and pots. Thin stuff is junk.
    I have an assortment for different projects. Lodge cast iron pan for my steaks and burgers or anything that needs a good hot sear. Lecruset for roasts, stews and anything slow cooking in the oven.
    NO METAL utensils on the non stick stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top