1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Easy "Pain au Chocolat"

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Charli, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jan 13, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Charli

Charli [OP] Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    1 can crescent rolls
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

(Preheat oven and bake time according to package directions for crescent rolls--usually 375 for 12 minutes)
    Mix cinnamon and sugar together well and set aside. Pop the can of crescent rolls and lay them all out individually. Place about 1 Tbsp of chips at the bottom of eah triangle and press them into the dough. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the sugar mixture over the top of the chips. Roll up cresent rolls as usual (this is rather harder than it sounds, but just stuff the chips back in the sides when they roll out) place on pan and sprinkle the tops with more sugar mixture. There will be some of the sugar mixture left, but put it in a ziploc for next time because there will be a next time! Bake as above. The house will smell great! Cool for a minute or two. But they are best served warm. Try not to burn yourself when you can't wait to try them (I was unsuccessful with this last bit)

I got this recipe off of a blog I found but now cannot find again. :( I was a bit skeptical at first, but figured I'd only be out about two bucks for the store brand rolls (I'm cheap!) if they failed, but they are yummy!!!! Supposedly, they are best with Ghirardelli semi-sweet morsels, but I only had Nestle and they were fine. The four-year-old thought they were excellent; the eleven-year-old is about to try them! :)

2. Jan 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    how about I pay for the supplies, and you can come over to my place and cook them ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top