LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Easy "Pain au Chocolat"

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Easy "Pain au Chocolat"

1 can crescent rolls
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

(Preheat oven and bake time according to package directions for crescent rolls--usually 375 for 12 minutes)
Mix cinnamon and sugar together well and set aside. Pop the can of crescent rolls and lay them all out individually. Place about 1 Tbsp of chips at the bottom of eah triangle and press them into the dough. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the sugar mixture over the top of the chips. Roll up cresent rolls as usual (this is rather harder than it sounds, but just stuff the chips back in the sides when they roll out) place on pan and sprinkle the tops with more sugar mixture. There will be some of the sugar mixture left, but put it in a ziploc for next time because there will be a next time! Bake as above. The house will smell great! Cool for a minute or two. But they are best served warm. Try not to burn yourself when you can't wait to try them (I was unsuccessful with this last bit)

I got this recipe off of a blog I found but now cannot find again. I was a bit skeptical at first, but figured I'd only be out about two bucks for the store brand rolls (I'm cheap!) if they failed, but they are yummy!!!! Supposedly, they are best with Ghirardelli semi-sweet morsels, but I only had Nestle and they were fine. The four-year-old thought they were excellent; the eleven-year-old is about to try them!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
how about I pay for the supplies, and you can come over to my place and cook them