LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

do you like left-overs?

Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #21
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
for 3 weeks now my wife and I have been making our weeks meals on sunday, packing them all in daily tupperware containers and having them for lunch and dinner.

it takes about 2 hours to prep and cook everything. We would cook things like chicken breast, talapia, and steak for the proteins
rice, spagheti noodles, and quinoa for the starches
and bocolie, carrots, spinach, and stir fry for veggies.

they reheat very well and taste great. no dishes and more free times every day.

this week we didnt do it like we had been doing though. I did make chili and had that monday, tues, and wed for lunch. now its sandwiches today and tomorrow...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #22
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with what's already been posted.. Some stuff just doesn't re-heat well. I'll eat some things that have leftovers but not others.
Leftover pizza is never good.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #23
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
I agree with what's already been posted.. Some stuff just doesn't re-heat well. I'll eat some things that have leftovers but not others.
Leftover pizza is never good.
Left over pizza is yummy.. it's not the same but still good. I like it better cold though

I eat leftovers.. there are certain things I make that just taste better reheated. Like this tuna casserole I swear taste better reheated than coming out of the oven originally. I don't usually get to eat leftovers though because I pack them in my bf's lunch with his usual sandwich so he has a lot to eat for work.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
for 3 weeks now my wife and I have been making our weeks meals on sunday, packing them all in daily tupperware containers and having them for lunch and dinner.

it takes about 2 hours to prep and cook everything. We would cook things like chicken breast, talapia, and steak for the proteins
rice, spagheti noodles, and quinoa for the starches
and bocolie, carrots, spinach, and stir fry for veggies.

they reheat very well and taste great. no dishes and more free times every day.

this week we didnt do it like we had been doing though. I did make chili and had that monday, tues, and wed for lunch. now its sandwiches today and tomorrow...
That's a pretty good idea, but how do you store the steak? I have tried to reheat steak, and unless its in some type of sauce or marinate, then its a dried out brick, which is a better doggie chew toy.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #25
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I am generally not a fan. Also depends on what it is though. Only leftovers I'll bring to work for lunch is pasta or chicken dishes.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #26
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
good call on leftover seafood..no thanks

pizza? i like it better cold the next day for breakfast. if need it hot..microwave it and toast the crust in a fry skillet..very good.

nothing better for backpack hunting food than a slice of cold pizza..yum.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
That's a pretty good idea, but how do you store the steak? I have tried to reheat steak, and unless its in some type of sauce or marinate, then its a dried out brick, which is a better doggie chew toy.
Ive only done the steak once and I agree, it was pretty died out. I wont be doing steak again.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Most stuff i will eat left overs but there are stuff that just shouldnt be reheated.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
good call on leftover seafood..no thanks

pizza? i like it better cold the next day for breakfast. if need it hot..microwave it and toast the crust in a fry skillet..very good.

nothing better for backpack hunting food than a slice of cold pizza..yum.
Oh Hell yeah i only pizza cold if it's left over . I eat left overs just about every day i always make more the night before just so I can have lunch the next day.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Left over pizza is yummy.. it's not the same but still good. I like it better cold though

I eat leftovers.. there are certain things I make that just taste better reheated. Like this tuna casserole I swear taste better reheated than coming out of the oven originally. I don't usually get to eat leftovers though because I pack them in my bf's lunch with his usual sandwich so he has a lot to eat for work.
I can't stomach cold pizza.
And I cannot figure out how to re-heat a slice of pizza so it's not completely hard and dried out or the cheese doesn't taste like ass.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Left over turkey dinner.. frigging bomb!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #32
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
And I cannot figure out how to re-heat a slice of pizza so it's not completely hard and dried out or the cheese doesn't taste like ass.
I know a lot of people who do it in a frying pan. I have yet to try but they all swear by it.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #33
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I know a lot of people who do it in a frying pan. I have yet to try but they all swear by it.
Quote:
I got to try that.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love cold left over pizza, but to reheat, I like to toss in on the rack in the oven .
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I use one of those toaster ovens to reheat pizza. Comes out nice and crispy when it's done.

Also, to reheat most things in the microwave, put a damp paper towel over them. It keeps them from getting dried out.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #36
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy takes two slices of pizza and lays them together..cheese side to cheese side..then toast them with his george foreman grill. turns it into a calzone..cuz you cant peel them apart ever again.

works.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #37
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I love leftovers! It just depends how they are prepared or re-prepared(?)
Pizza: 30 seconds in the microwave to brush off the chill, then 5 minutes in a non-stick pan, gets it nice and hot with crispy crust, great stuff! (I can't stand cold pizza.)
Everything else that does not need to be crispy, usually the microwave works fine.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I love cold left over pizza, but to reheat, I like to toss in on the rack in the oven .
I do this as well. Although one night in college I passed out while heating up a slice of pizza in the oven. My room mates came home and thought the house was on fire. They were not impressed. Moral of the story, is do not try and heat up pizza while hammered, unless using a microwave.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #39
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
I do this as well. Although one night in college I passed out while heating up a slice of pizza in the oven. My room mates came home and thought the house was on fire. They were not impressed. Moral of the story, is do not try and heat up pizza while hammered, unless using a microwave.
I couldn't help but LOL at this story!

I can eat pizza cold no prob! But I usually put it on a cookie sheet/baking pan and let it crisp up in the oven.

Leftovers are great. Maybe because I'm a dude and live by myself...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #40
Kenny Fuckin Powers

When I'm hammered I end up making frozen pizza out on the grill. Contain any damage to outside the house lol.