Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The BBQ thread. #saucy

View Poll Results: When you hear "BBQ" what comes to mind? (Pick two)
Chicken, wet 11 11.11%
Chicken, dry 8 8.08%
Pork ribs 52 52.53%
Pork, pulled 56 56.57%
Beef ribs 16 16.16%
Beef brisket 41 41.41%
Hot links 9 9.09%
BBQ burger 13 13.13%
Chicken, beer can/butt 4 4.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Make a thread on it?
Lol here is the thread title

Whole hog or whole hog which do you prefer
Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #22
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Lol here is the thread title

Whole hog or whole hog which do you prefer
Whole hog, or whole hawg stuffed with bacon endz?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!
MTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud of

MTBerJim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Smoked the best ribs ive done yet yesterday. 3 hours at 250. Wrapped in foil for another 2 hours back on the smoker. Fired up my gas grill to 400. Unwrapped ( almost falling off the bone ) and grilled the for another 15 min. for the char. Man they were awsome. My guest couldnt get enough! Vinegar based sauce with brown sugar added. Worked very well.
A couple of weeks back we did the summers over rib-fest.
The norm it to peeled the silver skin and used store bought pork rub, let them sit in the fridge over night.
I'd fire up the smoker about 5 hrs before I planned on eating, 1/2hr-45 minutes to get the coals lite and hot and I put the ribs on indirect heat and smoke for 4hrs or so.

I'd been watching some of the BBQ competition shows recently, some of the guys would use a wet rub and wrap ribs in foil for a few hours.

At the last minute I decided to put the ribs in alum trays and put a quart of apple juice in the tray, cover w/ HD foil and put that over indirect heat 225f.
Steaming the ribs for 3 hours before taking them out of the trays and putting them on the grill, then adding wet apple wood chunks to the coals, smoking them for the last hour.
45 minutes into that coated the ribs w/ store bought BBQ sauce.

BBQ sauce aside the ribs where perfect, I was finally able to get the bite mark they are always talking about on the cooking shows.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Whole hog, or whole hawg stuffed with bacon endz?
Whole hog made made of bacon stuffed with bacon then wrapped with bacon with a shot of jack Daniels
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Brisket and pulled pork. Everything else is just fluff.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Whole hog made made of bacon stuffed with bacon then wrapped with bacon with a shot of jack Daniels
Next level whole hog Jack Dagnials sau5e!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #27
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmm. I'll eat anything bbq. Brisket and pulled pork are my favs though. Too bad there's no places really around here. This place I go to in Delaware has some great spicy vinegar sauce with their pulled pork sandwiches.

I'll be trying a pork shoulder next weekend for the inaugural use of the smoker I just got.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #28
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
beef ribs are difficult to find in the bay area..uncooked. they go out with the bone in roast and steaks.

when i do find them, they are relatively meatless. sad, oh so sad.

i like beef + smoke.so i voted beef ribs and brisket. i'm born and raised texas.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i live in Memphis and we have the best bbq in the world! Go pork!!!!
Memphis DOES have the best BBQ. Charlie Vergos & Neelys FTW
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
this thread is making me hungry !!
Where's the good bbq in LA at?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
jrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud ofjrobcet has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
jrobcet's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I miss from living in Texas is the BBQ -- especially a brisket done right
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #33
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a smoked brisket that was the absolute best I ever had. I have had it across the Nation. And yes in TX..... not for nothing but if you do it yourself you can bring it to the next level where they dont exactly go above and beyond at a restaurant. I know there might be a few out there but they are more then few and far between.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #34
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
everything you need to know about BBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 11-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
Mob parking lots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okma_...ature=g-user-u
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #37
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
For oven "BBQ" chicken, I use this (I use more spices when adding the salt) with MonkeyProof's favorite bbq sauce

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/0...d-bbq-chicken/
Old 11-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #38
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Memphis DOES have the best BBQ. Charlie Vergos & Neelys FTW
Haven't been to Memphis, and I don't disagree, but living 2 hours away from Kansas City has its perks. Amazing variety of really good BBQ in every setting from hole in the wall to classy joint.

Jack Stack has a cool combo of atmosphere and amazing food.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/splash-stores.aspx

Hard to beat.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
blue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: alex
blue97taco's Tacoma Gallery
Eastern NC.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #40
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue97taco View Post
Eastern NC.
Care to expand on that?

Wet?
Sweet?
Vinegar based?