Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The BBQ thread. #saucy

View Poll Results: When you hear "BBQ" what comes to mind? (Pick two)
Chicken, wet 11 11.11%
Chicken, dry 8 8.08%
Pork ribs 52 52.53%
Pork, pulled 56 56.57%
Beef ribs 16 16.16%
Beef brisket 41 41.41%
Hot links 9 9.09%
BBQ burger 13 13.13%
Chicken, beer can/butt 4 4.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #41
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ryanjboutin;5830732]Choose two options for the poll.

Grilling hot dogs is not barbequeing.

Feel free to post up your pics or pics of any bbq that you dig; Carolina style, Texas style, St. Louis style, Hawaiian style, Mongolian style, Jerk...it doesn't matter!

This includes bbq'ing in the Crock Pot as well.

Share your rub recipes, sauce recipes, smoking procedures, grilling techniques, and for guys like me, how to bbq in an oven because you're poor and live in an apartment.

Go!

BBQ bacon bourbon burger at Barleymash in downtown San Diego, amazing.

[/

QUOTE]

Just to clarify. ... just putting bbq sauce on it doesn't qualify as bbq. So crock potting cannot be bbq. Although you can make some decent stuff with it.

Crock pot is a warming vessel for bbq.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #42
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Just to clarify. ... just putting bbq sauce on it doesn't qualify as bbq. So crock potting cannot be bbq. Although you can make some decent stuff with it.

Crock pot is a warming vessel for bbq.

By your definition, everything is a vessel for warming.

So if I make ribs in a crock pot or an oven, it isn't BBQ.
Only if it's on a grill or smoker with low & slow heat huh? False.

BBQ can be made in a variety if cooking techniques.

I deal in facts, not personal beliefs.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #43
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
By your definition, everything is a vessel for warming.

So if I make ribs in a crock pot or an oven, it isn't BBQ.
Only if it's on a grill or smoker with low & slow heat huh? False.

BBQ can be made in a variety if cooking techniques.

I deal in facts, not personal beliefs.

Must be a vegas thing..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #45
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Must be a vegas thing..
I just live here.

Quote:
Any champion bbqer would laugh at you saying I made some good bbq in the crock pot. And thats a fact jack.
Guess who doesn't care about champion bbq'ers.

Stop shitting in my thread, Jack.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #46
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy several kinds of BBQ. I have been to some of the good spots in Tenn, Georgia, Alabama, Florida (BBQ gator....YUM!), Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. Each area had their highs and lows. For me (face it, the "best" is always a matter of opinion) I prefer brisket from Texas, pork ribs from Tenn, beef ribs were best in Alabama. Chicken is a difficult food to BBQ without drying it out, so it is not my favorite. I have really never found a perfect chicken BBQ place. Of course as everyone else who does this will say, My BBQ is the best. And I can't give you any recipe I have, because I don't have one. Typically I start with a base of vinegar, brown sugar, and honey. Everything else is just seasoning to taste.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #48
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I enjoy several kinds of BBQ. I have been to some of the good spots in Tenn, Georgia, Alabama, Florida (BBQ gator....YUM!), Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. Each area had their highs and lows. For me (face it, the "best" is always a matter of opinion) I prefer brisket from Texas, pork ribs from Tenn, beef ribs were best in Alabama. Chicken is a difficult food to BBQ without drying it out, so it is not my favorite. I have really never found a perfect chicken BBQ place. Of course as everyone else who does this will say, My BBQ is the best. And I can't give you any recipe I have, because I don't have one. Typically I start with a base of vinegar, brown sugar, and honey. Everything else is just seasoning to taste.
Concur with your assessment of mostly dried out chicken.

I haven't ever had a really good bbq chicken, ever.

I do like the beer can chicken though, I'm sure that's what keeps it moist for the most part.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #49
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Cranky to today....bye
I see your grasp of the English language is about as good as your openness to other methods of creating bbq.

Your misuse of "your" instead of "you're" in the butt-hurt PM you sent me underlines that fact.

Good day.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #50
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I see your grasp of the English language is about as good as your openness to other methods of creating bbq.

Your misuse of "your" instead of "you're" in the butt-hurt PM you sent me underlines that fact.

Good day.

Yeah not to worried about typing on my phone. Tried to clarify I was trying to shit your thread up . But the grammer police came out cause you had nothing to say. So like I said get the sand out your vag.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #52
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
I'll leave these here~

Wild duck marinated in soy,jalapeños,garlic, green onion tops "3days" . Then wrapped in bacon. When cooked glaze with kikkomin teriyaki glaze and honey.
What do you eat as a side with duck?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #54
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
vinegar based, chopped. . i want my bbq to look like it's already been chewed up.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #55
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Just had some nice steaks today grilled on my smoker. Home-made marinaded and YUMMY!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #56
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Chinaman BBQ Sauce

Been making my sauce now for a few years. Been asked to try and go commercial but that would take the fun out of it...and it costs a ton!
Attached Thumbnails
The BBQ thread. #saucy-image.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #57
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I see most people fall in line with my thoughts. BBQ is Mainly Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket. I can't stand when someone say's come over we are having a BBQ and I get there and all the have Is prepackaged Frozen hamburgers and hot dogs. My term for burgers and Dogs is "Grilling" BBQ is slow cooking with Smoke a good dry rub and Sauce on the side. Oh yeah and my term for frozen burgers is "Sacrilege" Ant Male caught grilling prepackaged frozen burgers should have there man card Pulled immediately.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #58
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Eastern NC style pulled pork. Wilber's mainly. Unbeatable in my book.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #59
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
subbed