Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The BBQ thread. #saucy

View Poll Results: When you hear "BBQ" what comes to mind? (Pick two)
Chicken, wet 11 11.11%
Chicken, dry 8 8.08%
Pork ribs 52 52.53%
Pork, pulled 56 56.57%
Beef ribs 16 16.16%
Beef brisket 41 41.41%
Hot links 9 9.09%
BBQ burger 13 13.13%
Chicken, beer can/butt 4 4.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
The BBQ thread. #saucy

Choose two options for the poll.

Grilling hot dogs is not barbequeing.

Feel free to post up your pics or pics of any bbq that you dig; Carolina style, Texas style, St. Louis style, Hawaiian style, Mongolian style, Jerk...it doesn't matter!

This includes bbq'ing in the Crock Pot as well.

Share your rub recipes, sauce recipes, smoking procedures, grilling techniques, and for guys like me, how to bbq in an oven because you're poor and live in an apartment.

Go!

BBQ bacon bourbon burger at Barleymash in downtown San Diego, amazing.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ Ha!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

damn i suck at reading comprehension

i checked all that come to mind

sorry ryry
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
damn i suck at reading comprehension

i checked all that come to mind

sorry ryry
It's cool, people get excited about this subject.

Not going to get mad because you chose 6 bbq items on your plate. haha
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

I don't actually ever do it myself

I have a killer buffet down the street that has 3 different styles and all the different meats plus all the extra fixins

If I had to choose...I like the vinegar based sauce on pulled pork

MMMMMMMMMM

Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
If I had to choose...I like the vinegar based sauce on pulled pork

MMMMMMMMMM

I'm there with ya.

I super love pulled pork with the vinegar based thin sauces, and maybe just a splash of thicker sweet bbq sau5e...with a biscuit, corn bread, and mac & cheese (not baked) on the side.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!
MTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud of

MTBerJim's Tacoma Gallery
Baby back ribs and beer can chicken.
Low and slow plenty of apple/cherry wood smoke please.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up on Kansas City BBQ, so I prefer the thicker, molasses based sauces. For me, BBQ is best on a charcoal or wood-fired smoker, with fruit wood and an apple juice baste. Pulled pork, pork ribs (I'm a spare rib guy as opposed to baby backs), brisket, and chicken are my favorites and what I consider standard BBQ fare.

Check out the smoking techniques/discussion thread for more, but for anyone looking for a beginner smoker, I highly recommend the Weber Smokey Mountain. I love mine.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBerJim View Post
Baby back ribs and beer can chicken.
Low and slow plenty of apple/cherry wood smoke please.
I feels ya on the beer butt chicken, I totally forgot about that.

Beaman, feel free to edit the poll and add beer can chicken under the chicken section.

My old roommate used to put black pepper and rosemary sprigs in the beer prior to placing on the grill.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

it's added

unfortunately not in order...because i didnt want to mess up the results trying to transcribe them
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
it's added

unfortunately not in order...because i didnt want to mess up the results trying to transcribe them
Word up.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Here in TX it's all about brisket. I also love BBQ chicken
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt see pork ribs until it was too late. I am going to start smoking 16 racks of pork ribs at 4 am this morning.... I am also smoking a chicken. I havent tried a brisket yet but I am going to do one OCT 28th. I am making my own bbq sauce tonight for the ribs in the morning. I am going to be tired!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked the best ribs ive done yet yesterday. 3 hours at 250. Wrapped in foil for another 2 hours back on the smoker. Fired up my gas grill to 400. Unwrapped ( almost falling off the bone ) and grilled the for another 15 min. for the char. Man they were awsome. My guest couldnt get enough! Vinegar based sauce with brown sugar added. Worked very well.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
Mob parking lots.

I dig the pork ribs too.

I usually only eat bbq at car shows or actualy bbq competitions.

I don't really like going to a bbq restaurant to eat.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Wtf no whole hog
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Wtf no whole hog
Make a thread on it?