1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

serving sizes!

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by aficianado, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i've given up eating ice cream. i have accepted that fact that i am lactose intolerant, and the benefits dont outweigh the cost..(for anyone involved :))

i bought my wife one of those tiny single serving ben and jerrys. i swear the thing looked about the size of a shot glass. 3 bites and you are done!! makes me realize, my usual serving of ice cream was skewed drastically. i think i was eating 4 servings..

damn. staggering where we have gotten into with this food thing. i just watched a coworker shovel down a bag of cheetos. 10 servings. hahah,.

2. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I wish that I understood how they come up with serving sizes. Some cookies are 3 cookies per serving......... I eat the whole bag. I think it is more for calculating the percentages then what you are recommended to eat. I am 6'2 210 and I dont really watch what I eat. Since I have gotten older I have put on weight as has most others. I know that when I watch what I eat I do lose weight. That is mostly for short times to train for a PT test or an event.

3. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    the way you cook..you should be huge!! or all your friends and family should be huge..

i would both love and hate having you as a neighbor..haha..your BBQ smoke would make me fat!

PT training?

4. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    PT training for physical fitness testing. I need to get back into shape for the upcoming mt bike season in early Spring. I cook for the masses... but for the most part it is usually healthy....

5. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:

6. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You must realize as well but product size has shrunk to keep the costs the same. You don't see Dreyer's or Breyer's in 1/2 gallon containers anymore.

7. Oct 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Here is a single serving of apple pie a 9" round baked at 350 for 3 minutes. Calories- not too much, it's got apples
    Cholesterol- a little flour
    vitamin D- add glass of milk and get your D
    protein- idk it's apples.

How can you only have one slice????

[​IMG]

8. Oct 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh great I am the thread killer.:D

9. Oct 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    "serving size" is just the company that makes the food product trying to sound as healthy as possible. it's a double edge sword though. if "serving size" was everything in the bag/container than people would be turned off by it. cut it down to much and people will say that a serving that small is not enough to eat. it's a tricky thing to call in the food business. there are other factors too. say trans fat - it's the biggest enemy in the food business now. you might buy a bag of your favorite fried items and say "cool! no trans fat! that means it's healthy". all that really means though, is in that serving size there is not enough trans fat for the producer to have to mention it under FDA law. grab a can of your favorite seasoning out of the cabinet. it will have thousands of serving sizes per container. that's so you don't realize how much freaking sodium is in it.

but anyway, "serving size" is not what is an "ok" amount to eat. it's the way for companies to trick you into thinking it's ok to eat it!

Products Discussed in

To Top