Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

serving sizes!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
serving sizes!

i've given up eating ice cream. i have accepted that fact that i am lactose intolerant, and the benefits dont outweigh the cost..(for anyone involved )

i bought my wife one of those tiny single serving ben and jerrys. i swear the thing looked about the size of a shot glass. 3 bites and you are done!! makes me realize, my usual serving of ice cream was skewed drastically. i think i was eating 4 servings..

damn. staggering where we have gotten into with this food thing. i just watched a coworker shovel down a bag of cheetos. 10 servings. hahah,.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish that I understood how they come up with serving sizes. Some cookies are 3 cookies per serving......... I eat the whole bag. I think it is more for calculating the percentages then what you are recommended to eat. I am 6'2 210 and I dont really watch what I eat. Since I have gotten older I have put on weight as has most others. I know that when I watch what I eat I do lose weight. That is mostly for short times to train for a PT test or an event.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the way you cook..you should be huge!! or all your friends and family should be huge..

i would both love and hate having you as a neighbor..haha..your BBQ smoke would make me fat!

PT training?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
[QUOTE=aficianado;5876381]the way you cook..you should be huge!! or all your friends and family should be huge..

i would both love and hate having you as a neighbor..haha..your BBQ smoke would make me fat!

Last Sunday half of the neighborhood probably had dreams of BBQ. I was smoking something like 40 lb of ribs at 330am. This Sunday I will be cooking from Thursday to Sunday for another party I am having Sunday. The neighbors are invited.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
You must realize as well but product size has shrunk to keep the costs the same. You don't see Dreyer's or Breyer's in 1/2 gallon containers anymore.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #7

Army:
Here is a single serving of apple pie a 9" round baked at 350 for 3 minutes. Calories- not too much, it's got apples
Cholesterol- a little flour
vitamin D- add glass of milk and get your D
protein- idk it's apples.

How can you only have one slice????

Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
"serving size" is just the company that makes the food product trying to sound as healthy as possible. it's a double edge sword though. if "serving size" was everything in the bag/container than people would be turned off by it. cut it down to much and people will say that a serving that small is not enough to eat. it's a tricky thing to call in the food business. there are other factors too. say trans fat - it's the biggest enemy in the food business now. you might buy a bag of your favorite fried items and say "cool! no trans fat! that means it's healthy". all that really means though, is in that serving size there is not enough trans fat for the producer to have to mention it under FDA law. grab a can of your favorite seasoning out of the cabinet. it will have thousands of serving sizes per container. that's so you don't realize how much freaking sodium is in it.

but anyway, "serving size" is not what is an "ok" amount to eat. it's the way for companies to trick you into thinking it's ok to eat it!