Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Green Sriracha

Old 11-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Day 4 stir. It is starting to thicken up. Had a small sample last night, definitely hot but its more on the front of the palate and didn't linger for too long.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
cant you just shake it? i would be nervous to introduce bacteria..maybe the salt will kill the bugs.

good luck..i cant wait!

hmmm..no salt.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
cant you just shake it? i would be nervous to introduce bacteria..maybe the salt will kill the bugs.

good luck..i cant wait!

hmmm..no salt.
I thought about that too but I figured nothing could live in that heat

I think the vinager will clear out any nonsense.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
whoa..i suggest you put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer!!

that looks awesome..but..no BUTT.
Dont forget the handle bars on the side of the toilet too....
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #25

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
No real change from the day before but I thought I would post the pic anyway.

T-2!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #27

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
This stuff should be done by now right? I am interested to see what you are putting this on and can't wait to hear about how it is.
Yep finishing it up today. I'll post results tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Yep finishing it up today. I'll post results tomorrow!
I'll give you a preview...

Notice he opted NOT to install handles on the side of the toilet...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #31

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
^^lolz

Here are the final pictures of the sauce. I had one last day of stirring and then put it in a small pot. Heated it up with some vinegar and brought it to a boil for a few minutes. Then I spent about 30 minutes pushing the mash through a mesh strainer and gathering the liquid. In the end I got one full bottle of sauce, maybe 12oz.

It is hot pretty hot but I think the vinegar helped mellow it out some. Also, you can definitely taste the garlic in it.

The first thing I tried it on was a cheese quesadilla, good stuff! Yesterday we soaked some raw peanuts in it and then threw them on the smoker for a couple hours to make some hot nuts and tonight I put it on some pot stickers. Like most hot sauce its addicting but I think I like using this one more since I made it.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
lol nice work Matt. Skills.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was a jar of bud when I saw the pic. But I to love spicy foods and trying new hot sauces. Tomorrow I'm off work and ill be attempting to make some.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #35

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
lol nice work Matt. Skills.
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
I thought it was a jar of bud when I saw the pic. But I to love spicy foods and trying new hot sauces. Tomorrow I'm off work and ill be attempting to make some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
That sauce looks really good!! I might try to make it.
If you guys make it my only suggestion/advice would be to make sure you puree the hell out of it in the beginning. The more of a liquid consistancy you can get, the better. Hope that helps and have fun!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I am making this!! thanks for writing this out!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #38

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Congrats Matt! I just found this site/quiz...I thought you might like it as well:
http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/sriracha_addict
HAHA, nice one. Looks like I'm an addict
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!

there are two recipes online..opposite ones. i'll try this one soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #40
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Thai... Cock sauce while good, have you ever had the Thai version of sriricha? The hot cock sauce in America is actually an American product... The Thai stuff is actually not as hot, but the flavor is incredible. Want to try it? Go to an Asian grocery store and go to the hot sauce section, it's labeled Sriricha, BUT in a glass bottle. My personal favorite brand is "Shark" brand Sriricha sauce... Had a shark in a A circle on the label. You should be able to find it on the west coast easy. Middle America and the southern states it's a bit harder to find. Now, I MIGHT be a little biased, since this is the stuff I grew up eating... I used it like the white kids used ketchup (; do your taste buds a favor... Buy some and use it on anything savory... Trust me, I own a Tacoma!