Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Green Sriracha

Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #41
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post
I'm Thai... Cock sauce while good, have you ever had the Thai version of sriricha? The hot cock sauce in America is actually an American product... The Thai stuff is actually not as hot, but the flavor is incredible. Want to try it? Go to an Asian grocery store and go to the hot sauce section, it's labeled Sriricha, BUT in a glass bottle. My personal favorite brand is "Shark" brand Sriricha sauce... Had a shark in a A circle on the label. You should be able to find it on the west coast easy. Middle America and the southern states it's a bit harder to find. Now, I MIGHT be a little biased, since this is the stuff I grew up eating... I used it like the white kids used ketchup (; do your taste buds a favor... Buy some and use it on anything savory... Trust me, I own a Tacoma!
Hey man, thanks for the info. When I get back home after the holidays I'm going to go on a search for it. I'll let you know if I find any and what I think about it.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #42
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Subbed....
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm Thai... Cock sauce while good, have you ever had the Thai version of sriricha? The hot cock sauce in America is actually an American product... The Thai stuff is actually not as hot, but the flavor is incredible. Want to try it? Go to an Asian grocery store and go to the hot sauce section, it's labeled Sriricha, BUT in a glass bottle. My personal favorite brand is "Shark" brand Sriricha sauce... Had a shark in a A circle on the label. You should be able to find it on the west coast easy. Middle America and the southern states it's a bit harder to find. Now, I MIGHT be a little biased, since this is the stuff I grew up eating... I used it like the white kids used ketchup (; do your taste buds a favor... Buy some and use it on anything savory... Trust me, I own a Tacoma!
+1 - I'm going to hunt that down.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This stuff?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #45
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I think that is the one. Here is another pic I found on the tubes showing the shark.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #46
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Damn they have medium and strong. I just bought a bottle, but I don't know which one it is. Looks like medium.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #47

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Damn they have medium and strong. I just bought a bottle, but I don't know which one it is. Looks like medium.
How does it taste? Awesome?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #48

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
How does it taste? Awesome?
I will find out when it ships
Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #49

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
I will find out when it ships
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #50
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
That's the one! My absolute favorite meal to put it on..

Not healthy mind you..

Fry a some eggs up, bacon and toast.. Sauce the eggs.. I fry my eggs a little different than most.

Use enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan maybe a centimeter deep, Get the oil HOT, crack egg into the oil, let it sit for a few seconds, then using your spatula "flip" the oil up and onto the top of the egg to cook the whites on top with out having to flip the egg. The hot oil and the "flip" will crisp the edges and give the bottom and edges some crunch, and more texture.. Also makes "nooks and crannies" in the egg to help hold sauce

The toast is to sop up the yolks and hot sauce after you're done eating the bacon and eggs
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #51
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna have to look around for the shark brand locally, 12-14.00 is a bit much for some hot sauce online. I will give it a try tho. Like the other commonly found rooster stuff. Always have that around.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #52

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's the one! My absolute favorite meal to put it on..

Not healthy mind you..

Fry a some eggs up, bacon and toast.. Sauce the eggs.. I fry my eggs a little different than most.

Use enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan maybe a centimeter deep, Get the oil HOT, crack egg into the oil, let it sit for a few seconds, then using your spatula "flip" the oil up and onto the top of the egg to cook the whites on top with out having to flip the egg. The hot oil and the "flip" will crisp the edges and give the bottom and edges some crunch, and more texture.. Also makes "nooks and crannies" in the egg to help hold sauce

The toast is to sop up the yolks and hot sauce after you're done eating the bacon and eggs
Sounds tasty
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #53
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i think they carry that shark brand at a local asian market near my home. i will try some!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #54
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cock sauce is made in LA. i watched a show about the guy. he made up the company name..it is the same name as the ship that brought him into this country.

he really hit it big. came here on some random cargo ship and became a millionaire. what a story.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #55

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a 7oz bottle of the Shark brand. Now I just have to wait until Friday for it to get here
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #56

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I just ordered a 7oz bottle of the Shark brand. Now I just have to wait until Friday for it to get here
Medium or Strong?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #57

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea. I order everything from Amazon and it didn't have it in the description. I just hit the purchase button I hope its strong!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #58
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said, it's not as spicy but IMO the flavor is better, touch more sweet, the garlic is not the same either. Hard to 'splain... Pease let me know what you think though.. I try to share this stuff with everyone... It's my house warming gift.. Or instead of taking a bottle of wine to a friends house for that first time visit.. Lol, all my white friends just attribute it to me being Thai.. They never consider that I've been sober for almost 10 years
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #59
my stepdad cooked eggs like kilted.

except he used a wok. the oil was in the middle and was deep enough to almost deep fry the thing. the edges get all crispy and the bubbles explode leaving holes for sauce. he used Maggi sauce.

you have me heading to a Ranch99 today going for the shark sauce. i hope they have "strong".
Old 11-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #60
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
will this work with jalapenos? or just taste like butt?