Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Green Sriracha

Old 11-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Green Sriracha

So my buddy sent me the link to a recipe for making homemade Sriracha the other day and told me I should be all over it. Since I love hot stuff I decided this was a good idea and set about getting the ingredients. When I got to the market all they had were green peppers and this is when I decided I would make green Sriracha instead of the regular Ďred rooster sauceí and modified the recipe as follows (really I just swapped out the type of peppers).

Ingredients:

I substituted green serranos (2lbs)

I substituted habaneros (8 peppers)

Garlic cloves (8-10)

Sugar (2 tbsp)

Garlic powder (2 tbsp)

Brown sugar (1 tbsp)

Remove the stems from peppers and skins from garlic.

Throw all ingredient stuff in a food processor and process until pureed.

Pour into a jar and let the stuff sit for 7 days, stirring once a day.

After 7 days of sitting you heat it up and mix in some vinegar, strain it, and viola.

Iím on day two of stirring, each day taking a sample tasting. The stuff is pretty hot and I think that it will get hotter as it maturates. Time will tell. Iíll continue to document until completion but I'm already tired of waiting
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I might have gotten a little overzealous with the peppers

I love hot sauce and I look forward to putting this on pizza, mexican food, etc. Pretty much anything not sweet.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
whoa..i suggest you put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer!!

that looks awesome..but..no BUTT.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Good sign that the glass didn't melt, lol. And you might wanna have face away from jar when opening it up so you don't burn your retinas, eyebrows and nose hair up.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #7

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

that looks awesome..but..no BUTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
OP I think I am going to hold on off this one until you try it first.
I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Good sign that the glass didn't melt, lol. And you might wanna have face away from jar when opening it up so you don't burn your retinas, eyebrows and nose hair up.
I know man, everytime I open the bottle I gently waft it to make sure I don't get my ass kicked!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

Power to ya, I wouldn't touch that stuff!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #9

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

Power to ya, I wouldn't touch that stuff!
Oh come on, it won't be that bad
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Oh come on, it won't be that bad
I'm Irish... we do meat and potatos, most of use can't even spell pepper, let alone Habansomethingorother.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #11

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm Irish... we do meat and potatos, most of use can't even spell pepper, let alone Habansomethingorother.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #12

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic prior to yesterday's stir. It is starting to look pretty dank. 3 days down, 4 to go.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is a pic prior to yesterday's stir. It is starting to look pretty dank. 3 days down, 4 to go.

That looks delicious Matt! I want to try it

I LOVE spicy stuff, Ghost Pepper, Habanero...whatever, I love it all. I order 10* Thai food all the time, and local place makes a special batch of crushed Thai Chili sauce for me.

Sriracha (or Hot Cock sauce) is my all-time favorite. I use it on anything and almost everything. It is pretty damn versatile; spicy, a little salty/soy flavor, and a sweetness that evens it all out.

You should send me a little ramekin/bottle of this batch if you want. I will pay shipping. Looks tasty
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #14

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
That looks delicious Matt! I want to try it

I LOVE spicy stuff, Ghost Pepper, Habanero...whatever, I love it all. I order 10* Thai food all the time, and local place makes a special batch of crushed Thai Chili sauce for me.

Sriracha (or Hot Cock sauce) is my all-time favorite. I use it on anything and almost everything. It is pretty damn versatile; spicy, a little salty/soy flavor, and a sweetness that evens it all out.

You should send me a little ramekin/bottle of this batch if you want. I will pay shipping. Looks tasty
If it turns out good I totallly will. Keep ya posted.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
your B hole will be on fire later.
I too love spicy food. LMK how it turns out
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

good idea, love hot stuff, that jar looks like some buds.. LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #20

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Definitely interested, I might just make it and give it a try.
You should go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
your B hole will be on fire later.
I too love spicy food. LMK how it turns out
Oh I'm sure it will . I'll let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
good idea, love hot stuff, that jar looks like some buds.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
Damn that looks like it'll be a rough time when you have to take a dump.