Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

chili recipes?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
chili recipes?

I've been on a bit of a chili kick lately. I'd like to hear some good recipes you guys might have. I have been experimenting with betty crockers (or whoevers) packets of chili. So far I think the Hot Chili tastes the best. I tend to mix it up with either tomato paste or diced tomatoes. I kinda like the thicker paste style, although it seems less chili like sometimes. For beans sometimes I like to throw pinto beans in and sometimes kidney. A little extra cayenne pepper and white pepper along with some green peppers and today I picked up some green onions for it.

Well, I put a little too much pepper in today cause my eyes are watering lol.

Any home made recipes you guys like? Any preference over paste/diced tomatoes or type of beans? What about extras?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
here is my chili recipe bro.......................pretty damn good if you ask me.......but i have never measured anything i have used....so it'll be a guesstimate!!!

take a pound of ground beef(more if you like) and brown it. in a pot................set the stove burner on medium, and add the ground beef to the pot. add a little v8 juice(just enough tomix with the meat)....and let simmer for a few minutes, then i'll add a few shakes of franks red hot, some diced tomato, a little ketchup, and a little tomato sauce............and you'll just have to mix as to how thick or thin you want it. let all that simmer for a few minutes, then add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of chili powder to the mix......add onion if you like, then let it finish simmering. i also add a little garlic(i love garlic), but some dont like it too much with the garlic....others love it.