Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Bread makers?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Bread makers?

I recently started looking into picking up a automatic bread maker, just curious to see if anyone on here uses one? If so, what are some decent ones to look at and are they really worth it, from what iv read, most people who have one love them.

Thanks for any imput
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
My father has one made by Black & Decker. It works well enough.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
They always seemed like a one-trick pony device to me. I came across this easy method a coupla years ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/di...mrex.html?_r=0

A little more involved than the bread machine, but it makes the best bread I've ever had:

Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
This interests me also, the wife and I have been thinking about getting one
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Used to have one, but it broke. I forget what brand, but it worked good. With that said, I loved it, it was nice with it doing all the work, and when done, fresh warm bread. That makes it worth it. I'm a bread lover, so that was awesome having fresh bread like that. It's been a while since it broke, but before it did, the only issue was wife and I, had a hard time finding the packets for the type of bread you want to make.

I would definitely recommend getting one.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
i had one and used probably 30 times and forgot i had it haha. but it was an awesome machine! i think it was black and decker also. it was solid and never messed up. it even came with a nifty recipe book i really only made french bread and it nailed it. but a pretty easy bread to make is an irish soda bread. you dont need a bread maker for it. i didnt cut mine into quarters. just put it on a pan and baked.

Ingredients:
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir dry ingredients together with a whisk. Make a well in the center and add 1 cup of the buttermilk, reserving 1/2 cup. Combine dry ingredients and buttermilk with a fork, gradually adding more of the remaining liquid until a soft dough is formed.
Knead the dough lightly on a floured surface for 1 minute. Form into a slightly flattened circle. Place on a parchment lined (or silicone baking mat) cookie sheet. Mark a large 1/2-inch deep X with a sharp knife and bake soda bread for 40-45 minutes. The bread is ready when it is golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
Hollow Road Rider is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Hollow Road Rider's Tacoma Gallery
Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
They always seemed like a one-trick pony device to me. I came across this easy method a coupla years ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/di...mrex.html?_r=0

A little more involved than the bread machine, but it makes the best bread I've ever had:

This is a good recipe. I use a variation of this that uses about 12 cups of flour and makes 6 loaves/ week.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i hate them. they only do one thing. my kitchen is too small to have any one-hit wonders.

making bread is easy!! i use my dutch oven. foccacia bread is the easiest!
Attached Thumbnails
Bread makers?-img_01011276457823.jpg   Bread makers?-img_01031276457857.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my wife a cuisinart last year from christmas, she uses it all the time. Usually she just makes dough in it, and then bakes rolls or whatever in the oven, but she mostly uses it for pizza dough and bread dough. best thing i ever got her, i have fresh rolls and cinimminon buns every weekend now