LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

what is your favorite piece of kitchen gear?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Non stick pan that bondo sticks to.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #22
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
^ You guys are Old School.

I'm with "aficianado", I love spending time in the kitchen and its an outlet for me. Thats how I snagged my girl. . . I didn't take her out to dinner the first time we met. I made her dinner. The rest was history. I grew up with my dad cooking as he was a Chef. So I learned the passion early on.

Nice pick up man. My favorite thing I own are some Cast Iron Pans and my 10" Calphalon Skillet.

Since he owned so many Kitchen hardware, I wonder if he was a good cook. . .

^This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyha View Post
My J. A. Henckels KNIVES!!
And this.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
The fridge.....it keeps the beer cold.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Has to be the cast iron I have.For a long time I hated it but since I learned how to season it now its my favorite pan.After every use I scrub it and spray with cooking spray and its good to go.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
We have this one iron skillet, when my wife cooks a steak in it, the steak tastes as good as if it was cooked on the grill. She washes it too, but seasons it with cooking oil after.
Edit: I'm also quite fond of my beer bottle opener.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #27
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I don't cook all that often indoors so this is mine......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I don't cook all that often indoors so this is mine......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I used to roll one of those camping. Perfect for personal, on the go joe!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #29
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
my favorite thing is my lodge castiron skillet and my lodge dutch over I use them constantly I just love the dutch oven when I'm camping
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #30
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I used to roll one of those camping. Perfect for personal, on the go joe!

I got it for camping, but it outperforms my kitchen coffee maker so I unplugged and chucked the electric POS I used to have.

Mines a 18oz one so it's perfect for my 20oz a day addiction.

They need to make a bigger one. Every time we go camping I have to make at least 2 pots.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I got it for camping, but it outperforms my kitchen coffee maker so I unplugged and chucked the electric POS I used to have.

Mines a 18oz one so it's perfect for my 20oz a day addiction.

They need to make a bigger one. Every time we go camping I have to make at least 2 pots.
Agreed
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
my Wife and I might wear one her frying pans BUT I got the extended warranty....Shes been around for 30+ years...dam good investment
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #35
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
just wondering why you tossed the lodge cast iron pans
sorry, missed this.

lodge pans are good. old vintage cast iron, GREAT. the old ones used a smoother sand cast or something. even brand new they are damn smooth. super smooth. a lodge is pitted. the surface is rough. it takes alot of layers of seasoning to make them feel smooth. some never get there.

having said that...i went and "indian gived" a 14" lodge i had. my BIL was about to give it away and i snatched it back. it is huge. i use it to pan fry exclusively, where i dont worry about non-stick. i make eggrolls-->fried chicken with the thing. it fits a fair sized whole fish for deep frying chinese style.

it is also my camp skillet. first time out car camping..i had a forehead slapping moment when i realized i had given it away.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #36
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I do love my Cast iron Skillet. and you are right they have a very rough service and it takes a long time to get them seasoned properly My mother has a set that I have declared will be mine if nothing else when she passes away. I have never seen Cast iron pans as smooth as hers.

I also love a good Crock Pot I have 3. A 6 quart and a 1.5 quart. I also have a really little on for Keeping melty cheese for dipping.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
Cast Iron skillet it is now over 80 years old.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #38
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I love my wooden penzey spice peppermill.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I love my cast irons.. but lately we have gotten the new ceramic non stick pans.. and they are great! so easy to use.. no worring about seasoning.. no chemicals like traditional non stick..
check them out if you havnt see them before.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #40
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery

I just had to!