Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

what is your favorite piece of kitchen gear?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
what is your favorite piece of kitchen gear?

man o man!! last year i tossed out all my LODGE cast iron and bought 100+ year old pans from a hoarder. he had thousands of antique pans in his barn. all of them never used. i think his wife put her foot down and he had to cull the herd. he must have gotten psychiatric help..he sold everything he had more than one of.

after alot of work..i have them seasoned very very well. they are as slick as my Teflon pans. and i break the rules..i wash them. no soap, but i hit them with hot tap water and a soapless green scrubber. i love these things. they are my chicken roasting pans, skillets..corn bread pans....pan fryers...there is nothing i cant do..well, i cant make soup they are the kitchen's ultimate multitasker.

tada!
Attached Thumbnails
what is your favorite piece of kitchen gear?-dsc_0011.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
the woman thats cooking the food is my favorite piece of kitchen gear
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
a woman.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
the woman thats cooking the food is my favorite piece of kitchen gear
beat me to it^^
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Dang both you guys beat me to it. So yea the woman in the kitchen is my favorite.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ You guys are Old School.

I'm with "aficianado", I love spending time in the kitchen and its an outlet for me. Thats how I snagged my girl. . . I didn't take her out to dinner the first time we met. I made her dinner. The rest was history. I grew up with my dad cooking as he was a Chef. So I learned the passion early on.

Nice pick up man. My favorite thing I own are some Cast Iron Pans and my 10" Calphalon Skillet.

Since he owned so many Kitchen hardware, I wonder if he was a good cook. . .
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you guys are funny!! . nice to consider your wives.."gear". hahha.

good thing i didnt ask what was your favorite sperm receptacle..
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
how did yoe reseason them i have afew that could use it after being cleaned wrong
the game changer for me was flax seed oil. if yours are wasted. heat them up in an oven..hot. very hot. burn off the old stuff. then wash with hot soapy water.

coat it inside and out with flax seed oil and put them in the oven upside down. let it cook at 400 degrees for about half and hour. then, let it cool and use it. cook with bacon . the flax seed puts a bullet proof coating on..it will be tinted brownish..but it will be a thick coating.

i experimented and put mine in the dishwasher. the flax seed never came off. try it. flax seed oil is good for you anyways.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Crock pot. My wife as a recipe for baby back ribs that will blow your mind. The down side is that the ribs are hard too serve in rack form because the bones come out clean when you grab them. You can make some amazing food in a crock pot and usually have enough for lunch the next day.

Also the cast iron pan is a favorite as well. She makes her from scratch banana pudding in it. oh. my. god. it's good.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
the game changer for me was flax seed oil. if yours are wasted. heat them up in an oven..hot. very hot. burn off the old stuff. then wash with hot soapy water.

coat it inside and out with flax seed oil and put them in the oven upside down. let it cook at 400 degrees for about half and hour. then, let it cool and use it. cook with bacon . the flax seed puts a bullet proof coating on..it will be tinted brownish..but it will be a thick coating.

i experimented and put mine in the dishwasher. the flax seed never came off. try it. flax seed oil is good for you anyways.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
12" cast iron skillet is my favorite. That and my food processor.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
man o man!! last year i tossed out all my LODGE cast iron and bought 100+ year old pans from a hoarder. he had thousands of antique pans in his barn. all of them never used. i think his wife put her foot down and he had to cull the herd. he must have gotten psychiatric help..he sold everything he had more than one of.

after alot of work..i have them seasoned very very well. they are as slick as my Teflon pans. and i break the rules..i wash them. no soap, but i hit them with hot tap water and a soapless green scrubber. i love these things. they are my chicken roasting pans, skillets..corn bread pans....pan fryers...there is nothing i cant do..well, i cant make soup they are the kitchen's ultimate multitasker.

tada!
just wondering why you tossed the lodge cast iron pans
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Vitamix. I use it everyday.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
My J. A. Henckels KNIVES!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Wall mounted beer bottle opener.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #18

Quote:
you guys are funny!! . nice to consider your wives.."gear". hahha.

good thing i didnt ask what was your favorite sperm receptacle..

the answer to that one may not be the wife...
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
12" cast iron skillet is my favorite. That and my food processor.
thats mine. Ive been making home made salsa once a week lately.

I also really like my inline water filter for the kitchen sink. No more buying bottled water