Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

So I sent this to the Pringles corporation...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
Who wants a broken chip?
i don't
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #22
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i don't
I want a can full of unbroken chips.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want a can full of unbroken chips.
yep, they could put airbags at each end.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #24
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
"some settling may occur"
Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I like Pringles, but damn, i think each crisp has a teaspoon of salt on it.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #26
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
that is pretty funny hahaha

edit: 4000 post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #27
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I mean, it's like getting a bag of Lay's and seeing only half the bag full of air... What's the point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Well, for bag chips, the air is designed to protect the chips from breaking

sometimes when things are made they arent always consumed in the same area. I ate at a subway in CO a few years ago. The bag of chips I got was so full of air it looked like it was about to POP!
The bags were sealed closer to sea level and then shipped to a higher elevation loacation making the bag look like it was full of air.

ever buy a can of protein powder? The can is ALWAYS way too big for the amount of product. The reason? the product settles down after being in the container for a little while.

Maybe the pringle chips are more "fluffy" when they are first made. Then after shipping times and shuffling around they settle down some leaving extra space in the tube.

Just a few things to take into consideration.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
sometimes when things are made they arent always consumed in the same area. I ate at a subway in CO a few years ago. The bag of chips I got was so full of air it looked like it was about to POP!
The bags were sealed closer to sea level and then shipped to a higher elevation loacation making the bag look like it was full of air.

ever buy a can of protein powder? The can is ALWAYS way too big for the amount of product. The reason? the product settles down after being in the container for a little while.

Maybe the pringle chips are more "fluffy" when they are first made. Then after shipping times and shuffling around they settle down some leaving extra space in the tube.

Hm... Never thought of it that way. Neat.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

BULLSHIT
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
If the can was shorter you could get your hand a little farther in it too
Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
BULLSHIT
Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest problem with pringles cans is that I can't get my hand in them to get the chips out.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #35
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
The biggest problem with pringles cans is that I can't get my hand in them to get the chips out.
Thats what I was saying, and then if you tip them to slide them out they never lay back down like they are supposed to
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #36
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
First step. They add less product to keep the price the same. Next come the shortening of the can.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I was "kinda" intoxicated and got upset that the last can of Pringles I opened up was like the last several cans I have opened. Not in anger or frustration, but out of mere concern and care as a customer, I sent them this email:

"I absolutely enjoy the plethora of flavors you have to offer for your product, and I enjoy not being able to stop when I first pop that resealable lid; however I recently have been eating a substantial amount of your product. I love the tastes available to my disposal, but your Pringles can is fallible. Your can measures just shy of 10 1/2 inches tall, the flavor level measures approximately 8 3/8 inches from the bottom. Every can I have opened has left a face of disappointment: I have recently measured the last ten cans I have opened and have received only received 6 1/2 inches of Pringles potato crisps from the can, meaning there is 3 inches of wasted material on your product just so you can show your "flavor level." I want this message to help you (as a company) to reduce the size of your can, so you're not wasting material and money, or add more Pringles potato crisps to your can that will leave consumers happy and poppin' for more. I hope that this little bit of input will help you and your company in the future, because I am a proud consumer of your product! Keep poppin'!"

I most defiantely look forward to their steadfast reply

Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #39
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Thats what I was saying, and then if you tip them to slide them out they never lay back down like they are supposed to
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #40
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
and all the crumbs fall out