Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

So I sent this to the Pringles corporation...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #41
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
and all the crumbs fall out
this
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #42
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Thats what I was saying, and then if you tip them to slide them out they never lay back down like they are supposed to
Or when they do slide out it's all at once. Kinda like ice in cup when getting the last sip out of it and all the ice comes crashing in your face...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #43
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
The biggest problem with pringles cans is that I can't get my hand in them to get the chips out.
X2
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #45
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
If the can was shorter you could get your hand a little farther in it too

you mean your fat hands!!!

haha ok seriously that was meant as a joke. I mean no offense to anybody with that remark, but come on this thread is pretty much a joke. NO offense OP, it was a good laugh and I'm sure you were laughing the entire time you were typing up that email.

Are ya gonna post up their reply?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #46
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The wasted air space is called the "snackmosphere". It plays an important role in making sure the product stays fresh and safe.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #47
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery

Here is a snippet from the link posted earlier...

"There’s nothing new about shrinking products. Companies have periodically tweaked packaging and slashed the amount of product inside. This is standard practice when the economy takes a dive, or when commodity prices rise, and just when companies feel like it. Hence, we have the 5 oz. can of tuna (formerly 6 oz., and before that, 7 oz.), and incredible shrinking Girl Scout cookies, and the feeling among some consumers that their butts are getting bigger (when, in fact, it’s just that toilet paper is getting smaller).

Now, though, as the NY Times reports, product reduction is so widespread and significant that it’s nearly impossible to disguise it. Rather than resort to even more absurd levels of optical illusion—how big can that carved-out dimple under a can of peanut butter get?—companies are stretching reality by pumping up the plus sides of paying the same for less. Per the Times"
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #48
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
Too wide for you maybe.

Sub'd for corporate cookie-cutter response.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Haha good read. Did you ever consider drinking less and switching to carrot sticks. Maybe turn up the TV next time so you cant hear your brain discussing methods to better utilize 3 inches of wasted cardboard in a pringles can.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #50
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
you mean your fat hands!!!

haha ok seriously that was meant as a joke. I mean no offense to anybody with that remark, but come on this thread is pretty much a joke. NO offense OP, it was a good laugh and I'm sure you were laughing the entire time you were typing up that email.

Are ya gonna post up their reply?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Haha good read. Did you ever consider drinking less and switching to carrot sticks. Maybe turn up the TV next time so you cant hear your brain discussing methods to better utilize 3 inches of wasted cardboard in a pringles can.
A: Yeah, I thought putting up that email would give people a good laugh. Figured I would share that. I absolutely agree with you, though, this thread is a good joke, but the email is real. I haven't received a reply from them. If it was me getting that email I would probably ignore it. But me being the guy that I am, I would have replied. Guess it could work both ways. And I did laugh a good laugh while typing it.

B: I have considered drinking less, and even if the TV is blaring it never stops my mind pondering on random, useless things such as 3 inches of wasted cardboard. But I do enjoy carrot sticks.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #52
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
a pringle can is a perfect square when unrolled. Crazy right? learned it in physics. Maybe its easier to make a bunch of squares or something?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #53
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
So I was "kinda" intoxicated and got upset that the last can of Pringles I opened up was like the last several cans I have opened. Not in anger or frustration, but out of mere concern and care as a customer, I sent them this email:

"I absolutely enjoy the plethora of flavors you have to offer for your product, and I enjoy not being able to stop when I first pop that resealable lid; however I recently have been eating a substantial amount of your product. I love the tastes available to my disposal, but your Pringles can is fallible. Your can measures just shy of 10 1/2 inches tall, the flavor level measures approximately 8 3/8 inches from the bottom. Every can I have opened has left a face of disappointment: I have recently measured the last ten cans I have opened and have received only received 6 1/2 inches of Pringles potato crisps from the can, meaning there is 3 inches of wasted material on your product just so you can show your "flavor level." I want this message to help you (as a company) to reduce the size of your can, so you're not wasting material and money, or add more Pringles potato crisps to your can that will leave consumers happy and poppin' for more. I hope that this little bit of input will help you and your company in the future, because I am a proud consumer of your product! Keep poppin'!"

I most defiantely look forward to their steadfast reply
You should had written to them about widening the entire circumference of the can while they were at it too because my fat hands don't fit in there now that I am older then 10.. Haha.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #54
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
You should had written to them about widening the entire circumference of the can while they were at it too because my fat hands don't fit in there now that I am older then 10.. Haha.
and make the cap fit the bottom of the can too!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #55
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
and make the cap fit the bottom of the can too!
Yeah! That way it never gets lost!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #56

Order66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Yeah! That way it never gets lost!
If memory serves correct, didn't the cap used to stick to the bottom of the can?