Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Add vegetables to my 3 bean chili??

View Poll Results: Add vegetables?
YES 7 100.00%
NO 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Add vegetables to my 3 bean chili??

Hey all,

I'm making my first attempt at a 3 bean chili, and its on hour 2 of its simmer, but I'm wondering if I should add vegetables to it.

What do you think??

EDIT:

I'm cooking this for a work party tomorrow. So far, I'm the only one who has decided to put MEAT and/or PROTEIN on the sign up list. There are 5 different salads, 4 different vegetable dips, and a bunch of cakes and desserts. So, should I add vegetables?

2nd edit:
So I decided to forego the vegetables and be straight meat and beans. I believe I needed to present a contrast to all the salads and sweets for my dinner party.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I always add red pepper, onion, cubanella and jalapeno peppers
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
In my chili, I put green and red bell peppers, jalapeños, red and vidalia onions, then add chopped tomatoes at the very end.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
in addition to the other suggestions diced carrot is not bad either if you want to get more veggies in there not to mention finely chopped spinach. I think the more veggies you can get in the better.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
motoxer311's Tacoma Gallery
More hot peppers!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Celery
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm cooking this for a work party tomorrow. So far, I'm the only one who has decided to put MEAT and/or PROTEIN on the sign up list. There are 5 different salads, 4 different vegetable dips, and a bunch of cakes and desserts.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
In my chili, I put green and red bell peppers, jalapeños, red and vidalia onions, then add chopped tomatoes at the very end.

This! ^^^^^^
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #9

So I decided to forego the vegetables and be straight meat and beans. I believe I needed to present a contrast to all the salads and sweets for my dinner party.