Notices

Beer Poll

View Poll Results: Beer Poll
Corona 30 29.70%
Bud light platinum 16 15.84%
Dos Equis 55 54.46%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #81
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Damn it David....

Whaat? Too early?? LOL
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #82
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
They were 'crafted' for Mexico's breweries by German brew-masters... hence, they are really German style beers, made in Mexico. There are dark beers as well, such as Negro Modelo... and Noche Bueno (available around Christmas 'Noche Bueno'). Bohemia is a popular heavier beer in Mexico (and here). I just prefer a lighter brew... and in the desert, more refreshing to me. Tecate Light, XX and Pacifico are three we can always find in Baja... Regular Tecate is perhaps the most popular (and is made in Baja). Tijuana has a craft brews developed by a Czech brew-master. See Tijuana Beer, online. Mexicali Beer is also good, now made in Tecate, but harder to find.

One beer I do not like well, and that is Corona... too me the Budweiser of Mexican beers with an after-taste.... Marketing more than taste has made it the #1 beer exported... too bad really, because if that's all you know of Mexican beers, then you would be correct in you distaste for them.

Multi national beer companies may have purchased part or all of Mexican breweries, but that doesn't mean they are made somewhere else now.
Almost all lagers are loosely "crafted" from German and Czech styles. Including Bud and Miller "Lite" which calls itself a "Fine Pilsener" even though it is nothing like a fine Czech Pilsner. I'll be in Prague next week drinking truly fine Pilsners.

The beers you mention are all made in huge breweries just like BudMillerCoors. Not saying that is a bad thing, just nothing craft about it.

I've drank all those beers, and I don't find any Mexican lagers besides Negra Modelo, and Dos Equis Amber to be any better than the mass marketed US light lagers. All can be refreshing ice cold, but those breweries goal is to make beers that have as little taste as possible.

That is what you like, I can't argue with that.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #83
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your input... I have not enjoyed most U.S. brand beers as I find them bland. I do really like Pacifico specially draught from an ice cold keg. Enjoy your trip to the Czech Republic!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #84
nocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant future

Name: DTM
nocaltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
busch light, natty light, keith stone, coors light, bud light.

in that order, i usually stick to busch because a 30pk is 15 at walmart and that usually lasts me 2-3 days so best bang for my buck
I think this is the single greatest post in the history of TW