1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recipe: Diablo Chicken

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by C O R E, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mar 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    C O R E

C O R E [OP] Christian Off Road Engineering

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4x4 5spd v6
    Line-X bedliner, bedlined toolbox, Satoshi Grille, bedlined stock old school wheels, Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS head unit, Deck plate mod, ISR mod, K&N Drop-in, Thrush muffler dumped @ rear axle, Grey wire mod, +5mph fender stripes
    [​IMG]

Closest thing to a stir-fry dish with a cajun-kick I can come up with...

Ingredients:
    1 package of chicken breast (boneless)
    1 package frozen stir fry veggies of your choice (I use green bean)
    1 package frozen fajita veggies (bellpepper and onion) feel free to use fresh instead of frozen if you like...
    1 bottle of stir fry sauce (I use Panda Express Kung Pao)
    1 package of dried cayenne peppers
    1 grinder of kick'n chick'n chicken seasoning (good to have for other stuff)
    1 box of white rice
    your choice of cooking oil to brown the chicken.
    And lastly, a pinch of patience and an ice cold jack/coke.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I use 2 different skillets for this...
    [​IMG]

Put both packages of veggies into a tall-edge skillet or Wok with a little water to get them thawing/cooking

Cube the chicken into stir-fry sized peices
    put a reasonable amount of cooking oil into skillet #2 and add the chicken and season liberally with the chicken seasoning as it cooks.

Once you know the chicken is fully cooked and seasoned to spicy perfection you can add it to the veggies, and stir in the stir-fry sauce as it cooks. I use 1/2 bottle of the kung-pao sauce which is probably like... 6-8 ounces or so..

Add a little water here and there and let it simmer the water out. Add a few dried cayenne peppers.

The trick on the peppers is how long you let them cook in the pan, every 5 minutes kicks the heat level up in my 1-10 spicy scale. no cayenne puts it about a 2-3 depending on how much chicken seasoning. Cooking it for 10-15 minutes with 6-8 peppers can take it up to a 6-7.

Cook your white rice (instructions on the box) and enjoy!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. Mar 1, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    sounds good... pics!!!!!

3. Mar 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    C O R E

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4x4 5spd v6
    Line-X bedliner, bedlined toolbox, Satoshi Grille, bedlined stock old school wheels, Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS head unit, Deck plate mod, ISR mod, K&N Drop-in, Thrush muffler dumped @ rear axle, Grey wire mod, +5mph fender stripes
    Might cook it tonight, if so I'll take plenty of pics for you guys to drool over.

4. Mar 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    C O R E

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4x4 5spd v6
    pics as promised... in the OP

Products Discussed in

To Top