Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Recipe: Diablo Chicken

Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Recipe: Diablo Chicken

Closest thing to a stir-fry dish with a cajun-kick I can come up with...

Ingredients:
1 package of chicken breast (boneless)
1 package frozen stir fry veggies of your choice (I use green bean)
1 package frozen fajita veggies (bellpepper and onion) feel free to use fresh instead of frozen if you like...
1 bottle of stir fry sauce (I use Panda Express Kung Pao)
1 package of dried cayenne peppers
1 grinder of kick'n chick'n chicken seasoning (good to have for other stuff)
1 box of white rice
your choice of cooking oil to brown the chicken.
And lastly, a pinch of patience and an ice cold jack/coke.

I use 2 different skillets for this...

Put both packages of veggies into a tall-edge skillet or Wok with a little water to get them thawing/cooking

Cube the chicken into stir-fry sized peices
put a reasonable amount of cooking oil into skillet #2 and add the chicken and season liberally with the chicken seasoning as it cooks.

Once you know the chicken is fully cooked and seasoned to spicy perfection you can add it to the veggies, and stir in the stir-fry sauce as it cooks. I use 1/2 bottle of the kung-pao sauce which is probably like... 6-8 ounces or so..

Add a little water here and there and let it simmer the water out. Add a few dried cayenne peppers.

The trick on the peppers is how long you let them cook in the pan, every 5 minutes kicks the heat level up in my 1-10 spicy scale. no cayenne puts it about a 2-3 depending on how much chicken seasoning. Cooking it for 10-15 minutes with 6-8 peppers can take it up to a 6-7.

Cook your white rice (instructions on the box) and enjoy!!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
sounds good... pics!!!!!
Might cook it tonight, if so I'll take plenty of pics for you guys to drool over.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #4

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
pics as promised... in the OP