Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

How do you like your steak?

View Poll Results: How do you like your steak?
Rare 52 13.87%
Medium Rare 188 50.13%
Medium 75 20.00%
Medium Well 43 11.47%
Well 15 4.00%
I don't eat meat but wanted to make sure you know that 2 0.53%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
BLUE! or Rare if the establishment won't serve it that way.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #22
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
i use a homemade rub of salt, pepper, fresh ground all spice, muddled garlic, oregano, brown sugar and cumin. Apply generously to both sides of the steak and leave out on the counter for 3 hours (allow rub to set in and bring meat to room temp). Grill to med/rare on a charcoal grill.

And why put ketchup on steak??? Might as well just grill hotdogs....
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Ketchup on a steak? Wudt? Never! unless it is ground meat....

Salt, pepper, dash of garlic, dash of cayenne, - thats it! my 4 seasoning steak. I do the same, cook at room temp.

When cooking a steak, I lie to pick a cut of meat that does not need to much seasoning. I enjoy the flavors of the various meets. Some of the AGED meats are great too. Cut the outer stuff off to get at the red meat, lightly season, then grill those old bastards.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
FALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the rough
FALlover's Tacoma Gallery
at home, a minute on each side on the grill, should be cold in the middle

at a restaurant I tell them to bring it to me as rare as they can serve it
Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Medium rare for me anytime. Warm pink center is what I like. No sauce what so ever. If you need it then the steak ain't done right. Binions Ranch in Vegas has killer steak
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #26
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
rare!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #27
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Medium - Medium rare. depending on the cut.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #28
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
medium rare, use the blood for sauce(if need be)
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Medium rare.. somtimes if its good steak, Ill eat some before I even cook it.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #30
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the cut of beef.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Medium rare for me regardless of if I'm at home or out...gf likes rare and will not eat it if it's overcooked

I can usually eyeball med rare on the grill...but I discovered that Omaha Steaks has an Iphone app that you input the desired cook temp, and thickness of the cut and it tells you exactly how long to leave the steak on each side...keeps the gf's steak perfect every time
Old 03-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #32
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I like my steak between medium rare and rare...I like it a bit warmer in the middle than rare, but a bit more red than medium rare

and a good steak sure as hell don't need any sauce.

When we have steaks at my house, I am usually the one who cooks them, and I cook them however the family asks for them. last time we had a fillet, me and my mother took them medium rare....and my step dad, 2 sisters, and brother took them all medium well or well done...I cringed

and I have to ask, did this come about after the debate on how a steak should be cooked in the funny pic thread?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #33
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Medium rare -- warm pink in the center and no sauce. Saylor's in PDX is probably my favorite steak place right now.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Medium rare for me regardless of if I'm at home or out...gf likes rare and will not eat it if it's overcooked

I can usually eyeball med rare on the grill...but I discovered that Omaha Steaks has an Iphone app that you input the desired cook temp, and thickness of the cut and it tells you exactly how long to leave the steak on each side...keeps the gf's steak perfect every time
Good to know on the Omaha Steak app
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Simple as that. Discuss.

I prefer my steaks medium rare when I prepare them but order medium when at a restaurant.

A1 is also out of the question. Personally, I believe a good steak doesn't need steak sauce.
This for sure! I like my steaks Black and Blue. The thing should still be mooing.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine rare but il settle for medium rare. salt and pepper with a little olive oil and good to go. no sauces added since that is just tainting a perfect steak.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #37
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I like my steak between medium rare and rare...I like it a bit warmer in the middle than rare, but a bit more red than medium rare

and a good steak sure as hell don't need any sauce.

When we have steaks at my house, I am usually the one who cooks them, and I cook them however the family asks for them. last time we had a fillet, me and my mother took them medium rare....and my step dad, 2 sisters, and brother took them all medium well or well done...I cringed

and I have to ask, did this come about after the debate on how a steak should be cooked in the funny pic thread?

Yes. I figured I'd start a thread since we were off topic in that thread.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Fillet, Med rare, lightly seasoned with only salt and pepper.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #39
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Moose steaks....
'bou steaks!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #40
tacosteven is on a distinguished road

Name: steven
tacosteven's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine medium rare.
I cook ribeyes with kosher salt and pepper that has been sitting for about 30 mins.
Pan-sear on hot skillet for about 2 mins each side and it cooks nearly perfect each time.

Products Discussed in this Thread