Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

How do you like your steak?

View Poll Results: How do you like your steak?
Rare 52 13.90%
Medium Rare 187 50.00%
Medium 75 20.05%
Medium Well 43 11.50%
Well 15 4.01%
I don't eat meat but wanted to make sure you know that 2 0.53%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #41
tacosteven is on a distinguished road

Name: steven
tacosteven's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine medium rare.
I cook ribeyes with kosher salt and pepper that has been sitting for about 30 mins.
Pan-sear on hot skillet for about 2 mins each side and it cooks nearly perfect each time.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Moose steaks....
This
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #43
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
I love medium rare on any steak. I don't use sauce b/c i like it's own juicy flavor, maybe some garlic mashed taters and creamed spinich with it? Big fan of filets, strips, but started cooking skirts for tex-mex.
Anyway, I've been using this for the past year and am absolutely hooked....
Attached Thumbnails
How do you like your steak?-mccormontreal-steak-seasoning-.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
I love medium rare on any steak. I don't use sauce b/c i like it's own juicy flavor, maybe some garlic mashed taters and creamed spinich with it? Big fan of filets, strips, but started cooking skirts for tex-mex.
That stuff isn't bad. You should look into this stuff called camp seasoning. It's a blend of salt, pepper, garlic and some other herbs. It's really good on meats and even camp potatos.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #45
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
medium rare to rare is the only way to go!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #46
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Rare for me and I'm talking RARE!! if any blood comes out when it's cut it's too done for me. I will pull it at about 112 and let it carry over to about 119
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #47
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
ive tried that kind of seasoning and have to say i prefer this one better

, although that one is awful good too
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #48
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
moist and pink in the middle.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #49
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I remember as a kid that my dad would cook everything beyond well done. I cant stand sirloins for that reason. He said that is how it had to be cooked for us kids. NOw I give him something off my grill and it is no more the med rare and he thinks its the best thing he has ever eaten. And my dad knows his way aroudn the kitchen so that is not the excuse
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #50
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a chef. I used to work in a high end steak house. The steaks were amazing. It's super hard to find that level of product now that I don't work in that kinda place.

Personally I think Filets are way over rated. It's a low activity muscle, so it gets very little blood flow, which means it has very little flavor. It's super super tender, but that's all you get out of. Texture and not much else.

My favorite cut is a Rib Eye - medium rare. I like New York Strips Rare. The rib eye has too much fat to be rare. Beef fat melts at a high temperature so it'll leave a waxy film in your mouth if it's not hot enough. That's why pork fat is so good along with butter and chocolate...they all melt at body temperature. Ever notice how sometimes certain puff pastry, like commercially made croissants leave a film in your mouth, like you ate crayons? It's because they use a fat that has a high melting point. This way when the liquid in the fat emulsification is released it flashed to steam with more power and gives the pastry more puff or loft. Sorry for the tangent.

Also there is no such thing as medium to medium rare. Once you're at medium there's no going back.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #51
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis24 View Post
I'm a chef. I used to work in a high end steak house. The steaks were amazing. It's super hard to find that level of product now that I don't work in that kinda place.

Personally I think Filets are way over rated. It's a low activity muscle, so it gets very little blood flow, which means it has very little flavor. It's super super tender, but that's all you get out of. Texture and not much else.

My favorite cut is a Rib Eye - medium rare. I like New York Strips Rare. The rib eye has too much fat to be rare. Beef fat melts at a high temperature so it'll leave a waxy film in your mouth if it's not hot enough. That's why pork fat is so good along with butter and chocolate...they all melt at body temperature. Ever notice how sometimes certain puff pastry, like commercially made croissants leave a film in your mouth, like you ate crayons? It's because they use a fat that has a high melting point. This way when the liquid in the fat emulsification is released it flashed to steam with more power and gives the pastry more puff or loft. Sorry for the tangent.

Also there is no such thing as medium to medium rare. Once you're at medium there's no going back.
THIS! - FIlets, ok cut in my book. Rib EYE! Thats the cut. Then Strips as stated.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #52
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
I like my steak like I like my women, cool and pink in the middle.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #53
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine half alive and still scrambling to get off the plate.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #54
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefManyWrenches View Post
You like your women dead?

at the restaurant I used to work at the cooks would refer to it as either:

rare, med rare, med, kinda ruined, ruined.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #55
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
Wilderbeast steaks is where its at!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #56
Somethings Fuckey
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely medium rare.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #57
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
raw.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #58
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I cut off what I want to eat off the cow and ride the cow home when I'm done. (Raw).

I go for blue-rare stake typically if its a good cut of meat.. Something form Ass-hole-bees gets a medium rare covered in A1
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #59
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefManyWrenches View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
You like your women dead?
glad i wasnt the only one that thought that was weird.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
i like warm women... haha and alive

Products Discussed in this Thread