Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

How do you like your steak?

View Poll Results: How do you like your steak?
Rare 52 13.87%
Medium Rare 188 50.13%
Medium 75 20.00%
Medium Well 43 11.47%
Well 15 4.00%
I don't eat meat but wanted to make sure you know that 2 0.53%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #121
Master
pikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shedpikachu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
pikachu's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Absolutely medium rare ribeye with a shitload of fresh asparagus. Damn I miss my Weber!

-Hungry in Afghanistan...

Love,
Pikachu
Old 05-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #122
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I asked a friends wife how she liked her steak and her response was this:
"Well done with no fat and LOTS of A1 sauce",

To which I replied,

"You know it's easier to say you just dont like steak"
Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #123
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #124
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, of the 265 votes so far, only 32 people (including myself) like their steak rare.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #125
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
Damn, of the 265 votes so far, only 32 people (including myself) like their steak rare.

Are you insecure about your choice?

I hate when this thread pops up when its dinner time and I haven't eaten yet.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #126
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I like my steak still "moo-ing"

...I'm pretty neanderthal like though...
Old 06-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #127
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
medium rare...
cooked on screaming hot cast iron (once you try that you'll never go back).
seasoned...
and sauces? they have their place in the culinary world, but I generally pass.

Best tasting cuts? Good skirt steak (our local market has choice grade and it's sick), or rib-eye. Second for me is good filet. If it's not one of those I generally will not buy or order it.

if you want a store bought sauce that's amazing...

http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Luger-St...er+steak+sauce

hard to find though.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #128
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
You probably can't get this where ever you are from, but this stuff is awesome steak seasoning, I would recommend ordering it if you can.

Ingredients: Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper, other Spices, Monosoduim Glutamate (Less than 3.5%) and calcuim stearate.

No thanks! Just use some salt and pepper (I don't use pepper as it can burn).
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #129
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
Ingredients: Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper, other Spices, Monosoduim Glutamate (Less than 3.5%) and calcuim stearate.

Hey, I like a good plain and simple steak, just the taste of the grill and the meat, but that stuff is the shit no matter what's in it.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #130
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I do, but a little less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I like my steak still "moo-ing"

...I'm pretty neanderthal like though...
This! ^

I finally voted though. Just for you.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #131
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post

The salt and pepper is supposed to burn. It creates the crust on the steak when you sear it.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #132
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I just pulled 2 steaks off the grill. Now to let them rest a few minutes before I cut into them.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #133
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Are you insecure about your choice?

I hate when this thread pops up when its dinner time and I haven't eaten yet.
Haha no, not insecure. Just surprised more people don't eat their steak rare!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #134
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha no, not insecure. Just surprised more people don't eat their steak rare!

What I consider Med - Rare is what most people consider Rare. I get a lot of looks when I'm done cooking a steak in about 6-10 mins on a HOT HOT grill (full coal chimney full of kingsford, no match light or lighterfluid GROSS!). My response... Is Trust me. It's done.

If it's properly brought up to room temp, salted and peppered, and allowed to rest, there will be almost no blood, yet the inside will be VERY pink with a very well done crust. That's the perfect steak in my opinion.

I have a local butcher shop and I cook a delmonico or sirloin at least once a week and I've never run into anyone that has ever put the fork down on one of my steaks
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #135
I like the Anaheim Ducks

Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
It's 9:16 a.m. here and I can definitely take down at stake at this hour. I'm hungry!!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #136
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Ribeye steak, lowreys and bullseye bbq sauce on it -- only when cooking it though
Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #137
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Medium rare is perfect for me!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #138
JHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant future

Name: James
JHG57's Tacoma Gallery
Knock the horns off, wipe the butt and slide it across the grill.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #139
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well marbled ribeye, rare, with blue cheese butter on the side.. A good steak does not require sauce...
Old 09-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #140
ndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndsgr's Tacoma Gallery
Just like seared ahi, but with steak. Nice color on the outside (not burned), cold in the middle.

Products Discussed in this Thread