Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

When do you go food shopping?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
When do you go food shopping?

I go to this store that has cheap produce and meat. I am talking like half the price of the chain stores with better quality.

I go sunday mornings, usually leaving my house around 7:45 and getting there 5-10 mins later. What i don't understand is that some days it jam-packed and some days absolutley no one is in the store. Today it was pretty packed. On busy days I have been, no joke, 30-40 numbers in front of me in the deli-line. INSANE! That's why I started going super early and usually only one or two in front of me. Super-bowl sunday was packed by 8 am

Do you usually go at the same time every week? Whenever you feel like it? What's the story?

AHHH DAMMIT I FORGOT TO ADD THE POLL
Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
We go to church either Saturday afternoon, early Sunday morning, or Sunday afternoon. That way we can make it to the store when NOBODY else is there: b/w 11-12 on Sundays. It's great because not only is everybody else in church, but the store has been stocked b/c Sunday afternoon is the big grocery shopping time around here.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
My wife goes (typically) on Sunday mornings when everybody is at church... It's still busier than hell though...

She went yesterday morning and it wasn't too bad...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I work a rotating schedule, so I usually have a couple of weekdays of each week. About 1 PM on a weekday usually works out for me.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
8-9pm at night. Generally dead as a grave site.
ya... but isn't Acheron already a Grave site?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any set time that I go.....as my work schedule rotates and so does the rest of my life along with it.

I go whenever I have time and whenever my groceries are needed.

So unfortunately, I either *hit or miss* the busy crowds. I usually go after work which is either right after 4pm (BAD IDEA), after midnight (THE BEST), and after 8am (decent). Depends on where you go.....

Giant is open 24 hours and the best time to go is after midnight or anytime there-after. But.....that place majorly sucks ass any other time so I stopped going there all-together. They've become sooo commercialized.

I go to a more local 'home-town' grocery store that's not as busy. Their prices are comparable (the same or better) than the commercial stores and they even have 2 people at every register to get you thru quicker and they pack your groceries for you! Not that this matters to me....but the poeple are sooo damn nice.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
ya... but isn't Acheron already a Grave site?
We occasionally get freshmeat in the form of Colonial Marines. With the Armour it's like crab without the melted butter.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime I've had to go grocery shopping I went at like 11pm. There were maybe two other people that were shopping.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I try to go to Sams when I know they're going to have samples.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
We try and not go before the news talk about a snow storm coming. For somereason when people hear about a few inches of snow they panic and want to stock up on the can goods and twinkies. You cant get a parking spot. Other wise she goes during normal working hours. Its not to bad then. Just a bunch of stay at home moms shopping.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
We try and not go before the news talk about a snow storm coming. For somereason when people hear about a few inches of snow they panic and want to stock up on the can goods and twinkies.
Fucking Yanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #14
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I typically go after the gym around 8 or 9 pm. Never any line ups at that time.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I go when I am hungry or out of yogurt.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I go to WalMart Saturday around 10am.....not real busy yet. I go to Albertson's to buy meat & alcohol......it don't matter when you go there.....it's ALWAYS packed.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
I go when we need groceries...

Marc M
Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I go when I'm in dire need.
Wal mart on Wed evenings. It's super dead in there on Wednesday's for some reason. Got that tip from a cute cashier in there.

Then Hen House for certain meats and produce. They carry bison and great seafood. Choice produce too.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #19
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
We usually go on weekends, but I think Mondays are the best, because that's when the local stores seem to get in & stock fresh produce... Sundays are the worst for produce.