Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Cooking big on a little grill like the Webber Q

Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Cooking big on a little grill like the Webber Q

I have a big three burner grill I used to cook huge meals on. Since divorce and living in tiny condo with GF I've had to change to a small single burner Q Webber.
Now trying to expand the menu again. There is not enough inside height for a beer can chicken but last night I roasted a 6 pound chicken for dinner.

Anyone else doing big meals on their tiny grills ?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbishopp View Post

Did some ribs the other night. Probably would go easier with a rib rack but the trivet and foil on the cooking grates worked out fine. They were tasty.
Mmmmmmmmm
Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

I have this very BBQ , only done burgers and some steaks so far though
Old 07-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
The first time I grilled corn in the husk was 3 weeks back, and it could have gone longer also. But it was cooked just enough, and I kinda liked it that way.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
I have this grill. Its awesome.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It is an awesome grill. I can't have anything bigger right now so I'm going to push this thing to the max.

I've grilled corn many times and had better results but the meat was cooling down and we were hungry so I rushed. The pineapple was perfect.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think I have the smallest version of this grill , the Weber 100
Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
I think ours is the 120 but can't remember. I think some features are the difference in models and thought they were all about the same size. Never did a side by side in the store.
Su called me at work and said she wanted to pull the trigger on a grill and that her mother wanted her to buy the coleman. I told her if she bought the coleman she might as well move back in with her mother.

I have a big Webber in storage. Now I'm looking for a new house for my grill.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I told her if she bought the coleman she might as well move back in with her mother.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think ours is the 120 but can't remember. I think some features are the difference in models and thought they were all about the same size. Never did a side by side in the store.
Su called me at work and said she wanted to pull the trigger on a grill and that her mother wanted her to buy the coleman. I told her if she bought the coleman she might as well move back in with her mother.

I have a big Webber in storage. Now I'm looking for a new house for my grill.
Mine doesn't have the temp gauge you have on yours or the little wing shelves
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Personal pizzas on the grill last night. This is a family favorite since it's much more fun doing this outside vs. inside in the oven.
laugh it up, but i've done ellios (those cheap square box ones) on my Q cause it was the only thing that was in the house, and I had been drinking, so I couldn't go anywhere. Also, I didn't feel like firing up the big weber so this worked out perfect. they turned out pretty damn good too, or maybe that was my buddy weiser talking.

I have never really done anything too crazy on it though, steaks (small ones) burgers, dogs, grilled some bbq chicken breast. never corn though
Old 08-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Weber smokey joe with tamale pot smoker mod

mini UDS out of a weber smokey joe. use an IMUSA 32 qt tamale pot
Attached Thumbnails
Cooking big on a little grill like the Webber Q-image.jpg