LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Horse Meat

Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #41
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Not getting any shit from me. The worst fucking steak I've ever had came from Texas.
Lol
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #42
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
Was in paris on a family vacation and me and my brother got burgers at a restaurant, started eating and the burger was terrible, we found out later that they were made from horse meat. They may have sucked at cooking it but i wouldnt eat it again out of choice.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #43
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I'm kinda bitter about it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #44
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
I'm kinda bitter about it.
Where did you go?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #45
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I would try it at the very least. I love buffalo tacos (BOMB) and venison is good as anything but burgers... ugh, my last deer burger was crap. I'll try anything once.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #46
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Horse can't be much different than moose and I love moose roast
Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #47
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Just because you can't buy horsemeat in the US doesn't mean it isn't available. My Belgian friend from Fort Collins can hook me up. Lots of horse does not go to waste on the family farm.

I worked at IBP (Iowa Beef Processor) 16 years ago and at that time horse for export was legal and we purchased a few horse/cow/bull kills, Sealy TX, Palestine TX and somewhere I forget in Iowa. Sold mostly to France, Belgian, Japan and Italy. I've seen a cooler full (200+) of horse hanging just like beef, thinner with a long neck.

Not eating horse is a new concept. In Japan it not legal to kill horse for humans but they consume a lot of horse sushi and there are beer bars that serve horse tartare as the main snack.

When the US stopped horse kill for human consumption it just meant trucking live horses to Mexico and Canada. Lot's of horse eating in Quebec. Mexico is now the leading processor of horse for humans.

Makes more sense to slaughter them here, instead of shipping them elsewhere. Glad we can again.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #48
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Just because you can't buy horsemeat in the US doesn't mean it isn't available. My Belgian friend from Fort Collins can hook me up. Lots of horse does not go to waste on the family farm.

I worked at IBP (Iowa Beef Processor) 16 years ago and at that time horse for export was legal and we purchased a few horse/cow/bull kills, Sealy TX, Palestine TX and somewhere I forget in Iowa. Sold mostly to France, Belgian, Japan and Italy.

Not eating horse is a new concept. In Japan it not legal to kill horse for humans but they consume a lot of horse sushi and there are beer bars that serve horse tartare as the main snack.

When the US stopped horse kill for human consumption it just meant trucking live horses to Mexico and Canada. Lot's of horse eating in Quebec. Mexico is not the leading processor of horse for humans.

Makes more sense to slaughter them here, instead of shipping them elsewhere.
The US just approved 2 plants there for export correct ?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #49
MagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Tony
MagnumTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Id eat horse. Hell if I can kill it, ill eat it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #50
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The US just approved 2 plants there for export correct ?
Haven't kept up but if true glad to hear it's ok again.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #51

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Haven't kept up but if true glad to hear it's ok again.
yes , last month

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95S00820130629
Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #52
Vacationing in the Bahamas a few years ago we met a French woman that raised buffalo near Calgary, Alberta and she said the same small meat packer she had her buffalo slaughtered also slaughtered horse a couple days a week, and she loved horse meat.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #53
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Next we will be eating jackass
Old 07-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #54
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I've eaten it before. Tasted fine. A buddy bought a blind horse from some people goin' through hard times. He kept the horse a couple years, but then decided to butcher it. It's a common source of meat any many countries
Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #55
Follow me....I'm right behind you..
Steveoc is just really niceSteveoc is just really niceSteveoc is just really niceSteveoc is just really niceSteveoc is just really nice

Army: 82nd Airborne Division/ 107th Tac Assult Unit.HOOAH
Name: Steveo
Steveoc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Steveoc
Talking Horse meat...is better then horse shit..lol

Like anything, you have to try it for yourself. It's very lean. Takes on the spice flavors you marinade it with. I've had monkey. Said no way...but durring training on devils Island,they were plentyful. Litlle bastards are tuff..but .....taste like chicken...
Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #56
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Why not? They aren't even as endearing as kangaroo and I've eaten that.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #57
Take a shower, shine your shoes...
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.Z.P.
BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Better than A1
HP Sauce sounds delicious. Must order some.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #58

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pach View Post
HP Sauce sounds delicious. Must order some.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #59
I passed through Switzerland earlier this year but didn't have time to seek out Rottweiller meat, which is apparently consumed there.

http://www.thelocal.ch/20121227/dogs...d#.URWEaGeepQI