Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Can you handles hot peppers

Old 09-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #61
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Ghost Pepper

Hey guys, here's the ghost pepper now, it has alot turning red and they are smoking hot. I picked 3 of them so far and made a jar of hot sauce. I only used 1 of them in the sauce and it's not to bad and has a good flavor, I'll give some of the rest away and freeze some.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #62
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
I love spicy foods. As far as it hurting coming out, I believe I have solved the mystery. I drink milkshakes afterward. I'll have some wings and hit up Sonic, after 8:00pm for the half price shakes, and it does the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutennant View Post
If you know in advance that you're going to be eating something stupid hot, the best thing to do is eat bananas beforehand. They'll coat the lining of the stomach and innards to make it more bearable.

Nothing you can do about the ring sting, though. Peeing molten lava out your bum hole is never fun.
Great suggestions guys. Keep 'em coming. I'm really going to try this.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #63
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaman29 View Post
Hey guys, here's the ghost pepper now, it has alot turning red and they are smoking hot. I picked 3 of them so far and made a jar of hot sauce. I only used 1 of them in the sauce and it's not to bad and has a good flavor, I'll give some of the rest away and freeze some.
I don't have any of mine turning red yet. been chilly out at night
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #64
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I don't have any of mine turning red yet. been chilly out at night
It's been cooling down here also but still close to 80 during the day.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #65
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got a couple of "ghosts" turning red.....man those babies look intimidating.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #66

Quote:
I got a couple of "ghosts" turning red.....man those babies look intimidating.
It won't be long before they're bright red, I think I'll bring mine in my heated shop this winter and see if it will come back out earlier next year.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #67

Quote:
It won't be long before they're bright red, I think I'll bring mine in my heated shop this winter and see if it will come back out earlier next year.
I never considered that. I didn't know they would keep over winter.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #68

I'm going to try it, my mom has some small hot peepers she bring in the house and she has them year round, not sure about the bigger ones like the ghost, here's the ones i picked the other day, they look wicked.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #69

Quote:
I'm going to try it, my mom has some small hot peepers she bring in the house and she has them year round, not sure about the bigger ones like the ghost, here's the ones i picked the other day, they look wicked.
These are habaneros they get pretty hot especially late in the year.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #70
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from the Datil Pepper Festival in St. Augustine.

http://www.datilpepperfestival.com/ (It was still going on today)

Not the hottest pepper out there, but one of my favorites. Sampled dozens of sauces, picked up some datil pickles and a couple of plants - mainly for the seeds so I can grow my own.

One of my family favorites is Red Devils; one lb ground beef browned and drained, one bell pepper & one onion (both diced and sauteed separately), two 10 ounce bottles of DatilDoIt pepper sauce, 4-6 ounces of Texas Pete, 3-4 tablespoons of crushed red peppers and 3 chopped Cayenne peppers. Simmer for about 45 minutes and put it in Pita pocket bread. Guaranteed to burn you twice. Mmmmmm
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #71

Quote:
These are habaneros they get pretty hot especially late in the year.
I had a few small ones that looked like the habs, but i have alot of bigger ones that haven't turned, these are the newest variety called the Carolina Reaper, they have stinger like point on the end of the pepper, here's a link to look at http://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany...rolina-reaper/
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #72
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
Name: Steve
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery

Not all hot peppers but a few from the garden today still have tons on the plants and more blooms going but it's been too cool and humid for most to change color before they rot on the plants.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #74
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
Name: Steve
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. The peppers and tomatoes did great this year. 1st year I started them all from seed so I'm proud. I've given away 8 bunches like that already this year and there is still plenty more to go. Hard to keep up with them. All natural no pesticides or fertilizer.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #75
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't read all the posts in here b/c I'm lazy, but I grew some ghost peppers this summer and made pepper jelly and hot sauce. I've also got a lot of them that are dehydrated, b/c I didn't feel like making anymore jelly or sauce (like I said, I'm lazy). The ghost pepper itself, as well as the sauce, I'm sure can take rust off an old car, but the jelly is diluted enough to where it's edible. Cooking it all was a bitch...2-3 days later, anytime my fingers touched my mouth, it would burn for hours...and I was wearing gloves! Also, the first time I sautéed the peppers, I did it indoors..MISTAKE! I thought my g/f was gonna shoot me.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #76
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jelly:

hot sauce collage: (combination of chili, ghost, jalepeno, and habenero)

pics are from my instagram, along with my other gardening attempts (tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, purple hull peas, etc.) : zacharypaul89
Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Jelly:

hot sauce collage: (combination of chili, ghost, jalepeno, and habenero)

pics are from my instagram, along with my other gardening attempts (tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, purple hull peas, etc.) : zacharypaul89
Nice looking hot sauce man, I cook my hot sauce outside on my gas grill and now letting some dry out to freeze.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #78

Quote:
Nice looking hot sauce man, I cook my hot sauce outside on my gas grill and now letting some dry out to freeze.
Yeah, that's what I eventually had to do. As soon as the peppers got hot indoors, we were all coughing and crying haha. I learned a valuable lesson that day.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #79

My "ghostly" goblins well at least the red ones
Old 03-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #80
bbaggett is on a distinguished road

bbaggett's Tacoma Gallery
I eat several Thai chili peppers with every meal.