LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Can you handles hot peppers

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Can you handles hot peppers

Who all here can handle eating hot peppers. I work with a guy who must have a cast iron mouth, stomach and colon. I don't see how these people do it. Hot peppers make great salsa though.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Yes..

My butt hole, not so much.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Different tolerances for stuff, I guess. I grew up eating hot, spicy food, and I can't get enough of it. I have friends that balk at wasabi - buncha pansies. That 'burn' barely clears my sinuses and it doesn't last long enough to boot.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I got to have jalapenos on almost everything, I also add hot sauce to a lot of stuff. I love spicy food.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How about the ghost pepper. I am growing one right now.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Never had it fresh, but I've had salsa made with them. Holy chit hot! But it was some good salsa so I kept eating it.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Grew up eating Cayenne peppers right off the plant. Growing hot Jalopeno's now.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I'm growing one in a pot now also, i'll get a pic tomorrow. I like the salsa pretty hot but can't handle the hot peppers buy there self...
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Here it is Ghost Pepper, it has a lot of blooms but no peppers yet, it takes a long time for them get big.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaman29 View Post
Here it is Ghost Pepper, it has a lot of blooms but no peppers yet, it takes a long time for them get big.
I see you live in NC you should be okay as your weather stays milder than here where I live in Va. I noticed one little flower on mine. Thanks for the pic
Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't ever really eaten hot peppers by them selves except for once in Guatemala.. but I have recently taken to spicy foods.
For instance subway sandwich with the jalapenos. Sauces are always good with a spice also.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Love spicy food . I love crunching on a fresh jalapeño with a sandwich. I have limits tho. I can't bite down on a habanero. I'm growing them and I don't even know what I will do with them.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
Love spicy food . I love crunching on a fresh jalapeño with a sandwich. I have limits tho. I can't bite down on a habanero. I'm growing them and I don't even know what I will do with them.
My wife and me made some killer salsa a few years ago when I went crazy with the pepper plants. The stuff was hot but very addicting. So.........much better than that stuff you buy in the supermarkets.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i dont buy bulk spices. especially not pre-ground stuff.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
You use that much? Wow.

None is that stuff is really spicy no?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #19
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
This is about a month and a half worth of spices so its only practical to buy bulk.

I prefer to taste the food. Just my preferance, no need for all of those spices.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
DR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to beholdDR007 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
I prefer to taste the food. Just my preferance, no need for all of those spices.
Guess everyone is different. The spices and herbs bring out the flavors IMO. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
You use that much? Wow.

None is that stuff is really spicy no?
There's Cayenne Pepper and others in there that will give it a nice kick. Growing up with everything seasoned you get immune to it and have to add more and more to taste it. Some can't eat at our house and others love it.