LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Jerky

Old 09-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Jerky

A few pieces of my latest batch of jerky
Old 09-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
random.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
What kind is that? And extremely random
Old 09-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
What kind is that? And extremely random

beef Jerky and how is this random?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
i want some
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping to 28607? Mmmmmm Jerky
Old 10-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Seriously what dehydrator are you using. Stacey and I were literally just talking about this. I am wanting to buy one to make my own jerky
Get some London Broil, cut strips along the grain, brine over night in jerky cure & seasoning, then throw in the smoker and add wood. I like the Hi Mountain Authentic Wyoming Blend cure (dry brine) and use a few pans of alder... comes out fantastic!! http://www.himtnjerky.com/
Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Venison (deer) jerky is better than beef man....

Looks good though!

Ya I agree for the most part Venison has a whole lot less fat. I used to get some deer meat from some of my hunter buddies several years ago.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Seriously what dehydrator are you using. Stacey and I were literally just talking about this. I am wanting to buy one to make my own jerky
I use one of those cheap nesco.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #16

getting ready to do some turkey jerky tomorrow and then Monday will do my beef jerky
Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just got done with the first batch of duck breast jerky. Will be making it again.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Just got done with the first batch of duck breast jerky. Will be making it again.

never had duck breast jerky...tasty ???
Old 12-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #19

Yeah, it's pretty good. Did this batch without seasoning, next one I think I'm going to do a sweet teriyaki version.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You can always just use the oven; my wife does this with great success.

Sets the temp to 170 (our lowest setting), leaves the door cracked and dries the meat out for about 3 hours. She also has a trick of hanging the meat using the grate and tooth picks.

Her jerky is just so darn good, I go through it real quick.

I'll get her recipe and post it up.