Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Does anyone here drink Scotch?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone here drink Scotch?

I love Glenfiddich, yeah its expensive but so isnt everything worth having. My wife likes it too and, aint a damn thing i wont do for that woman!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad scotch.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its a winter drink...... mmmmmmm scotch
Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #4

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone want to send me some when Im over there we need to a code going
Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
DesmoBob is on a distinguished road

DesmoBob's Tacoma Gallery
I can't really afford the expensive stuff, though if anyone volunteers to buy a round...

Mostly I stick to the supermarket stuff when it's on sale--Johnnie Walker Black, Dewar's White (yeah yeah, I know I know). Long ago I received Dewar's Special Reserve and Oban 14-year as gifts, which is what got me hooked on scotch. Can't really afford to keep getting those though heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I lost track of how many glasses, and eventually tried to take out his wall with my head.
Very easy to do. You don't even realize how deep in you are until you try to stand up, then WHOA.
At a poker night, everyone else was having beer, I had scotch. I ended up going all in for, well, no reason.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I drink single malts almost exclusively.

Dalwhine(spelling?) and Glenmorange (spelling) are my favorites.

Sit, sip, ponder.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
right now in my cabinet: glenfiddich 12 yr, glenfiddich 15 yr, glenlivet, makers mark, and those are really only the important ones
Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #9
GLineman is a name known to allGLineman is a name known to allGLineman is a name known to allGLineman is a name known to allGLineman is a name known to allGLineman is a name known to all
Army: spc.4 547th. Eng.Bn.130th. Eng.Brgd.
GLineman's Tacoma Gallery
I just finnshed a bottle of Glenlevit Nadura 16yr. cascet strength. Best I've had yet but then it's hard to find a place to sample. Hate to pay big $$$ for a drink you don't enjoy. Any sample bars out there?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Name: Scott
sbeau1960's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sbeau1960
I'm more of an irish whiskey than scotch guy, more sweet, less peaty. Jameson 15 year old is nectar of the gods!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #12
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
My attorney friend once said "Scotch? That stuff is nastier than my sister!".

I learned to appreciate it. Took a while though.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Bowmore or highland park. I hate scotch but those are less terrible. I'm not 17

EDIT: And Oban
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #14
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Not so much scotch, but I do like my Jack on the rocks.
jack is still high in my books! on the rocks or even just straight up is good!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #16

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
The wife likes it that stuff kicks my ass LOL I stick with Canadian Mist or VO
Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #17
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
You look either drunk off your ass or really confused...
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #18
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
Johnny walker blue as smooth as silk.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted a taste for scotch.....but every time I try it I don't care for it.
I've tried Chivas, Cutty, Johnny Walker.....just not my bag I guess.

My dad has been getting a bottle of Chivas from a friend of his every Xmas for 15yrs. That bottle lasts Xmas to Xmas evey year LOL
Old 08-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Mmm - just a sip?

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - A crate of Scotch whisky that was trapped in Antarctic ice for a century was finally opened Friday - but the heritage dram won't be tasted by whisky lovers because it's being preserved for its historical significance.

The crate, recovered from the Antarctic hut of renowned explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton after it was found there in 2006, has been thawed very slowly in recent weeks at the Canterbury Museum in Christchurch on New Zealand's South Island.

The crate was painstakingly opened to reveal 11 bottles of Mackinlay's Scotch whisky, wrapped in paper and straw to protect them from the rigors of a rough trip to Antarctica for Shackleton's 1907 Nimrod expedition.

Though the crate was frozen solid when it was retrieved earlier this year, the whisky inside could be heard sloshing around in the bottles. Antarctica's minus 22 Fahrenheit (-30 Celsius) temperature was not enough to freeze the liquor, dating from 1896 or 1897 and described as being in remarkably good condition.

This Scotch is unlikely ever to be tasted, but master blenders will examine samples of it to see if they can replicate the brew. The original recipe for the Scotch no longer exists.

Once samples have been extracted and sent to Scottish distiller Whyte and Mackay, which took over Mackinlay's distillery many years ago, the 11 bottles will be returned to their home - under the floorboards of Shackleton's hut at Cape Royds on Ross Island, near Antarctica's McMurdo Sound.

Whisky lover Michael Milne, a Scot who runs the Whisky Galore liquor outlet in Christchurch, described the rare event as a great experience.
"I just looked at this (crate) and honestly, my heartbeat went up about three paces. It was amazing," he said. "The box was like a pioneer's box with the wood and nails coming out," he said.

Although Milne said he'd give anything to have a taste of the whisky. "It is not going to happen and I am not going to get excited about it," he said. "But if there was ever an opportunity, it could be a wonderful one to have."

Nigel Watson, executive director of the Antarctic Heritage Trust, which is restoring the explorer's hut, said opening the crate was a delicate process.
The crate will remain in cold storage and each of the 11 bottles will be carefully assessed and conserved over the next few weeks. Some samples will be extracted, possibly using a syringe through the bottles' cork stoppers.