Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Boiled peanut recipes?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Boiled peanut recipes?

Share em.

I would like to see how creative you guys are
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. One of my favorite snacks when I'm in Florida.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Plenty in GA and AL
Old 03-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I buy cajun all the time from a little shop here, but I have had better...I'm in Florida and I want some good boiled Peanuts
Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
I buy cajun all the time from a little shop here, but I have had better...I'm in Florida and I want some good boiled Peanuts
Well Ive noticed that if you get them from a place on the side of the street...... there alwasy the best. especially in GA
Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cant say I've ever tried them..
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Really why
Old 03-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just never had the opportunity. Not that I wouldn't, sounds kinda good to me.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
NASTY!!!! Boiled Peanuts are nasty! I tried them once, and will never again.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Never tried them until a couple of years ago when a friend from Georgia was always talking about them so I decide to take a shot at making them for her.
Internet searches found lots of recipes.
Here is the basic one I used.
Big pot.
Raw peanuts in the shell.
Water.
Salt.
1 quart of water and 1/4 cup of salt for every pound of peanuts.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until tender.
About 2 hours if I remember.
You can add spices in the water for different results such as cajun.
Hardest part was finding RAW peanuts here in Kalifornia.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Well Ive noticed that if you get them from a place on the side of the street...... there alwasy the best. especially in GA

x2 theres a little place right up the road and there great....mom makes some good ones to but the store's are alot better
Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Never tried them until a couple of years ago when a friend from Georgia was always talking about them so I decide to take a shot at making them for her.
Internet searches found lots of recipes.
Here is the basic one I used.
Big pot.
Raw peanuts in the shell.
Water.
Salt.
1 quart of water and 1/4 cup of salt for every pound of peanuts.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until tender.
About 2 hours if I remember.
You can add spices in the water for different results such as cajun.
Hardest part was finding RAW peanuts here in Kalifornia.
and they have to be the RIGHT peanuts... lol
Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
x2 theres a little place right up the road and there great....mom makes some good ones to but the store's are alot better
Those old fellas in the sheds are true masters
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
and they have to be the RIGHT peanuts... lol
Yeah not the ones you get at a pet food store.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i see em all the time here. the best ones are from roadside stands in the mountains and foothills
Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
They're good anywhere in the South.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
so what are the RIGHT peanuts anyhow? Never even heard of boiled peanuts but I'm intrigued.
The best ones are when they are still growing so that they can absorb the liquid... (thin shell)

roasting ones are with the thick shell
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
ive never had these but i think iam going to try them.. seem like they would be pretty freakin good
Old 04-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there awesome dude. It might take a couple times til you get the taste for them.