Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Charbroil Big Easy oil less fryer

Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Charbroil Big Easy oil less fryer

Has anybody used one of these? I was going to borrow my father in laws oiled turkey fryer so I could deep fry a turkey for our family at my grandmas house for Thanksgiving, but my wife and I saw one at lowes. We DID NOT BUY it so I came home and started doing some research. If I go the oil route I will spend about $40 just in oil to fry one. The oil less big easy is $99
Old 11-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Has anybody used one of these? I was going to borrow my father in laws oiled turkey fryer so I could deep fry a turkey for our family at my grandmas house for Thanksgiving, but my wife and I saw one at lowes. We DID NOT BUY it so I came home and started doing some research. If I go the oil route I will spend about $40 just in oil to fry one. The oil less big easy is $99

Can you "fry" other things in there as well? I am into grilling chicken wings and using BW's sauce on them. It's hard to get that nice textured skin on them like a deep fryer does but my wife says we don't need the extra calories so this looks enticing....
Old 11-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #3
From what I've read and I've seen a few videos on youtube, that you can put chicken wings in it, racks of ribs, and boston butt. I guess a beef roast as well. I don't think you can put sauce on the wings or anything while its cooking. You can put a dry rub, I read somewhere that the rub shouldn't have a lot of brown sugar in it as it will burn the outside of the meat. Cooking times from what I've read is about 10 minutes per lb on turkey, 1 hour for wings, and about 2 hours from ribs. Also I saw someone put russet potatoes in it on top or under the meat and let them cook while the other is cooking.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey wanna Tacoma did you ever buy the oil less fryer?
Old 11-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
hey wanna Tacoma did you ever buy the oil less fryer?
I didn't. I was leaning towards it, but I asked my father in law before I started looking at them if we could borrow one of his so I could fry a turkey for my grandma and the rest of the family. He said yes, but then we went to walmart the other day and he bought me a OILED turkey fryer. So I guess I should keep it. Also, I can use it to boil potatoes or other vegetable. May try a whole chicken sometime soon just to try it out.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #6

Quote:
I didn't. I was leaning towards it, but I asked my father in law before I started looking at them if we could borrow one of his so I could fry a turkey for my grandma and the rest of the family. He said yes, but then we went to walmart the other day and he bought me a OILED turkey fryer. So I guess I should keep it. Also, I can use it to boil potatoes or other vegetable. May try a whole chicken sometime soon just to try it out.

My guess is that the fryer using oil will do the better job but the expense and dealing with that oil keeps me from getting one.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can also do crab, shrimp, and crawfish boils. Plus, a general rule of thumb, if its healthy its not as good.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
My guess is that the fryer using oil will do the better job but the expense and dealing with that oil keeps me from getting one.

Yeah, I was thinking about the oil too. I like that I can boil stuff too.