Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Waffle House Hash Browns

Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Waffle House Hash Browns

Waffle House Hash Browns

4 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
Water
1 cup ice
Vegetable oil for frying

Place prepared potatoes in a 2-quart bowl, and add salt. Add ice and pour enough water to cover potatoes. Stir to mix salt and ice in the potatoes. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Place shredded potatoes in a colander, rinse with cool tap water and drain completely. At this point you can place potatoes back in the refrigerator covered until ready to fry. The uncooked potatoes will keep up to 5 hours.

Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add enough vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom. When skillet is hot and oil has been heated, place two cups of drained shredded potatoes in skillet. Fry until crisp, shaping with a spatula. Fry about 12 to 15 minutes, without turning. Time depends on the temperature and size of the shredded hash browns. When potatoes are golden, flip over carefully and fry tops of potatoes for 2 - 3 minutes.

Do not cover hash browns while frying or stir through them.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
yeah ill just go to waffle house to eat that
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Neon!! how you doing bud?

i love me some hashbrowns. i learned something on a recent backpack trip. i came back from early morning fishing and i found a buddy making hash browns. real, crispy, hot, hashbrowns!! i was blown away. then he tossed me a package.

it was like a milk carton of hashbrowns. dried, super lightweight. you add hot water to rehydrate them, and then you pan fry them as usual.

amazing. at home , do it real like you..but you could fool anyone with these.

made by Hungry Jack. i got some at Target for my next backpack trip. my friend has fry pans hidden at the campsites.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Your thread title has reminded me of a Bloodhound Gang song from my youth.
And it is now stuck in my head.
Bastard.

Looks like a good recipe, though.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FEEL MY PAIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8tyehOb5dE
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Vaginas are rad.
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Damnit, beat me to it.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Damnit, beat me to it.
Lol.
I couldn't load a video until I got home. Youtube's banned at work, or I would have included it in my first response.