Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

frying turkey for first time, do I have it right?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i like peanut oil!!

and bonus!! you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didnt have 1-2 bags of frozen, crinkle cut, french fries ready to pour in once you yank out the bird. hot, salty fries, perfumed by turkey..damn.

salt the fries the second you pull them from the hot oil.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
and bonus!! you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didnt have 19-20 bacon wrapped pickles to fry as an appetizer.
FTFY
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #23
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
hahahha..

your hot oil kung fu is strong..
Old 12-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
Name: Steve
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
4-5 lbs of crappie would be my suggestion.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
hahahha..

your hot oil kung fu is strong..
Did them for the first time this year for thanksgiving. Pretty tasty.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice suggestions, I may have to get some to try. I know my brother and his wife like sweet potato fries so I'm sure it would be the same way
Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
walmart has the peanut oil 3 gallon for $29 and Sam's has the peanut oil blend(peanut and soybean) 3 gallon for $24. Is it worth the $5 savings or just buy the 100% peanut oil from wally world?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
walmart has the peanut oil 3 gallon for $29 and Sam's has the peanut oil blend(peanut and soybean) 3 gallon for $24. Is it worth the $5 savings or just buy the 100% peanut oil from wally world?
I would go straight peanut
Old 12-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #29
Got the peanut oil today and turkey is about thawed. Gonna hopefully fry it tomorrow BUT, the wind is supposed to be like 15-25 mph. Is this TOO windy? I was thinking about trying to get behind something to cut the wind down. I wonder if it would be ok to get beside the firewood stack to block some of the wind
Old 12-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
If you think its gonna be too windy we can figure something else out
Old 12-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #32
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
You will be surprised how powerful the flame is. It sounds like a jet engine when it is turned up. The wind doesn't bother mine