My brother and sister in law is coming home for Christmas and my mom and dad got a turkey for thanksgiving that we never cooked. Its been frozen and my mom took it out of the freezer and put in the refridgerator yesterday (Wednesday 12/18/13) and they are coming on Sunday so we were planning on cooking it Sunday or Monday. Is this enought time to completely thaw turkey out? I've done some research but want to make sure I have all the steps correct.
1. Completly thaw turkey
2. put turkey on holder and put in pot and fill with water having water about an inch over turkey.
3. PUll turkey out of pot and mark line of water
4. Dump water out and dry pot
5. Fill pot with cooking oil to line I marked.
6. Pat dry turkey
7. Start propane and when oil gets 350 degrees SLOWLY lower turkey in oil.
8. Keep oil temp between 325-350 degrees. cook for about 3 minutes per pound then once done
9. Cut off propane and remove turkey from fryer
10. Let sit for 20-30 minutes before carving
Anything I missed? Also what kind of oil? Peanut, Vegetable, or cooking oil?