Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

What's your favorite Christmas Candies

Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
What's your favorite Christmas Candies

Since I've been in the kitchen most of the night making deserts for Christmas. What are some of your favorites.

Tonight I made :

Peanut butter balls about 200+
Rum Balls ( used a little too much rum)
Chocolate scoops
And got everything ready for oreo pops.
And debating on haystacks.

But what are some of your favorites to enjoy during the holidays. And I may ask you for a recipe.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
No recipe yet , but i cant beleive all the different flavours you can now get with candy canes these days . No more boring peppermint . The candy canes I took to work for the guys were " Warheads " or super sour . It was a blast at lunch time watching the guys try and munch them up hehehehe . Big bonus was the fact they didnt know these candy canes were sour .
Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
my wife has made a kind of resse cup candy. Basically peanut butter fudge on the bottom and then take Hershey bars and melt them with a little paraffin and pour on the fudge.really good but it will give you a sugar hangover. Another easy one is take a tiny bow tie pretzel put a rollo on it pop it in the microwave a few seconds then place a pecan on it.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i dont do Christmas candy..to me it is just "candy".

i couldnt I.D. a holiday candy by name to save my life..
Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pecan balls, or they are also called Mexican Wedding cakes. yum!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Not a candy, but fruitcake. Seriously, I like fruitcake.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Not candy, but I make English shortbread every year. Mom's recipe. It is not Christmas without it, and she can't make it anymore.

Butter, flour sugar, pinch of salt, dusting of sugar on top.

Everyone I give it to says it is crack. It flies off the plate.

A friend just sent some of this from Colorado. Toffee crack:
http://www.enstrom.com/almond+toffee...almond+toffee/