Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

20 million wings

Old 12-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
20 million wings

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4475103.html
Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Tried them... They sucked.

Thought they woulda had the public taste test them first... someone's gonna be fired.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of12thmanhawkfan has much to be proud of

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
I love wings! But definitely won't be buying any of these things.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hate chicken from from McDonalds, they taste like shit lol
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
I hate chicken from from McDonalds, they taste like shit lol

never tasted it
Old 12-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even know they sold them until after they stopped selling them.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
10 million chickens with no wings, all for naught
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Changeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Changeling's Tacoma Gallery
With virtually very little prep time I can show you how to make awesome fried chicken wings/legs/breasts/whatever, without deep fying .

If really interested ?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
lies ^
Old 12-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
With virtually very little prep time I can show you how to make awesome fried chicken wings/legs/breasts/whatever, without deep fying .

If really interested ?
Is it still fried chicken if you aren't frying it?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
it is if its pan frying
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
My spoon is too Big!

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
it is if its pan frying
I suppose
Old 12-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #14

Quote:

If really interested ?

lets hear it...
Old 12-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
McDonald's is shit food for idiots.

I don't care if it's their sugar coated salad or their sawdust nuggets.

One of the worst companies on the planet.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
McDonald's is shit food for idiots.

I don't care if it's their sugar coated salad or their sawdust nuggets.

One of the worst companies on the planet.

ya they even told their own employees to not eat their food
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
Changeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shedChangeling is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
lets hear it...
Let's use wings. Buy some wings (the hard part).

Cut off tips (third wing section), chuck them out side for the fox's, whatever.

Soak wings in 1/2 cup of salt in a pot big enough to hold them and enough water to cover, completely stirred up, for 30 to 45 minutes. Drain off the crud. "MD doesn't do this". Wait till you see the crud!

Pour into sink and rinse, dry on some paper towels.

Get a bag/pot/ whatever! I use a gallon type bag. It could be an empty bread bag, paper bag, whatever.
Mix 2 cups flour, 1 TBs black pepper, 1TBs ground garlic (I love garlic), 1TBs spaghetti seasoning like you see in the grocery store. (There is a multitude of spices that can be used!) and amounts, you will learn quick.

OK, now another hard part heat a large frying pan that will hold your wings in your choice of oil, ( I use olive oil) till it is just starting to smoke. Put in the wings not touching each other, you might have to cook in batches, but not for a couple to 3 people or so.

After about 3 minutes turn over and do the same thing on the other side ( this is a seal type process.
Cover with a sheet of aluminium foil and semi seal around the lid. Turn the heat down to number 3 on an electric oven. Let cook for "25 minutes" (important) just leave them alone. You will hear the frying.

After the bell goes off, remove the foil (turn to about 4.5) and rotate till they are as brown as you like them probably about 6 minutes.
Lay on some paper towels to soak up the oil/grease and enjoy.

I tried to be explicit with the instructions, if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.

From start to cooking will take you about 5-7 minutes or so not including the soaking.

* When you see the shit that comes of the chicken after soaking in the salt water you will wonder why you ever ate a piece of fast food chicken.

Good luck guys. I really hope you try this. I know it sounds long winded, but that was just so you would understand the whole process.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Let's use wings. Buy some wings (the hard part).

Cut off tips (third wing section), chuck them out side for the fox's, whatever.

Soak wings in 1/2 cup of salt in a pot big enough to hold them and enough water to cover, completely stirred up, for 30 to 45 minutes. Drain off the crud. "MD doesn't do this". Wait till you see the crud!

Pour into sink and rinse, dry on some paper towels.

Get a bag/pot/ whatever! I use a gallon type bag. It could be an empty bread bag, paper bag, whatever.
Mix 2 cups flour, 1 TBs black pepper, 1TBs ground garlic, 1TBs spaghetti seasoning like you see in the grocery store. (There is a multitude of spices that can be used!)

OK, now another hard part heat a large frying pan that will hold your wings in your choice of oil, ( I use olive oil) till it is just starting to smoke. Put in the wings not touching each other, you might have to cook in batches, but not for a couple to 3 people or so.
After about 3 minutes turn over and do the same thing on the other side ( this is a seal type process.
Cover with a sheet of aluminium foil and semi seal around the lid. Turn the heat down to number 3 on an electric oven. Let cook for "25 minutes" (important) just leave them alone.
After the bell goes off, remove the foil and rotate on high till they are as brown as you like them.
Lay on some paper towels to soak up the oil/grease and enjoy.

I tried to be explicit with the instructions, if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.

From start to cooking will take you about 5 minutes or so not including the soaking.

* When you see the shit that comes of the chicken after soaking in the salt water you will wonder why you ever ate a piece of fast food chicken.

Good luck guys.

how many wings do you soak in the half cup of salt water? I soaked wings this past fall in salt water and they were way to salty. Maybe I didn't rinse them...
Old 12-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
how many wings do you soak in the half cup of salt water? I soaked wings this past fall in salt water and they were way to salty. Maybe I didn't rinse them...
When I wrote that I was basing it on at least a grocery store package of at least 6 whole wings up to about 12 or so.
If you were going to do a whole big grocery store type pack usually referred to as a "value pack", you could use the same as I wrote. Just let them soak longer, get the idea?
After the soaking, pour out all the water and rinse well with fresh water, wouldn't hurt to let them soak in some fresh water 10 minutes or so.
However do rinse them in new fresh water at least 3 or 4 times. Really slosh them around in each rinse.

Best deal is to get the big value pack, take out what you want, put the rest in a freezer bag!
Sense I'm single I usually only do 3 wings for me, then I'll cut the amount of salt in half.

Any questions, let me know.